* Beautiful building
* Unbelievably beautiful structure
* Classic Greek/Roman Temple architecture appearance
* Breath-taking location
* Charming and delightful Tidal Basin area
* Suitable honor to the Founding Fathers who was the principal writer of the Declaration of Independence and our third President
* Amazing giant statue of the statesman
* Beautiful view from there of the water, the Washington Monument and the MLK Memorial
* “Off the beaten track”
* Parking is minimal, confusing and challenging and changing.
* One must walk a distance to get there
* Currently, there is construction
“I VISITED THIS PLACE”…
… because I am always drawn to its beauty and its grandeur. I loved walking and approaching it, seeing it closed up, ascending the steps, viewing the towering gigantic likeness statue of him in a statesman pose, and also I read the quotes on the walls of his documents
I didn’t enjoy getting there by car and trying to park.
First of all, it’s fantastic to see from afar and from close- do your best to go.
You can park at the paddle boat launch site of the Tidal Basin and walk over a kind of foot bridge or you can park at the very end of Ohio Drive SW.
Do not forget that it is metered parking.
I HOPE THAT YOU FIND THIS REVIEW AND MY ATTACHED PHOTOS TO BE “HELPFUL.”