- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Spas & Wellness
Spas & Wellness
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Pleasantly surprised with a spa day at the Madarin Oriental on March 23rd. I must say, it met my expectations for a spa experience. The staff of ladies in the spa were warm and attentive even prior to me getting the service.
I was taken to my first appointment promptly for mani/pedi. Tonia was exceptional. She made by hands and feel and look like a million bucks. I was then taken for full body massage that revitalized by achy muscles. I enjoyed having the option to select the scent of oils used on me. In between my final appointment, lunch was provided pool side. Since I am vegan, I was expecting a salad; instead a bento box was my option. Unfortunately, I find many in the DC area still do not know how to do vegan well. Finally I was treated to a facial. Again with Tonia, she was amazing. My skin was radiant when I left. She gave me a few pointers for after care now that I am of a certain age :)
If you are ever looking for an oasis in the city, check out the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental.Written 24 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great treatment (massage), friendly and open staff. We enjoyed the lounge, the jacuzzi, the pool and the sauna. Overall good experience, I liked the touch where they offer you "champagne" after your treatment. I wish they had come around again to offer a top up, even for an additional charge. And the snacks were very simple (individually packaged nuts and chocolate)- perhaps because of covid. Argentta needs to kick things up a notch, for that location and those prices - for example, better products in the bathroom re: shampoo, etc.Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I stayed at the Hilton which allowed access to the gym (for certain Hilton members). This gym was very clean and offered a wide range of fitness classes. The front desk staff could be better trained and more attentive. The fitness yoga teacher I had tonight quickly made up for any staff malfunctions earlier. They are going to a preregistration system where classes can be cancelled if there is less than 3 people. I was a walk in. I’m just a tourist so it won’t affect me, but I feel bad for standard everyday members - as some were upset about it.Written 17 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thé massage was good, although she was late to start so I didn’t really get the expected 80 minutes.
The three stars is for the really poor facilities. Beat up furniture, tiny tiny spaces, water and almonds, paper cups instead of glassware, no champagne offered (for a $300 service?!?). It lacked the special feeling you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. I wouldn’t return because the pampering is half the experience.Written 23 November 2019
- I love MINT! The facilities are so nice. They're clean, modern, and have every amenity you could want (including mint-infused cold towels that feel amazing after a tough workout). I also really appreciate the wide variety of classes and class times. I can always fit a workout into my schedule because there's so much going on at this gym. Definitely recommend!Written 14 October 2017
- This gym is located in an old rustic Fire House. They have all the essentials you need for a good Crossfit Workout, and nothing more with I find nice. Pull ups bars, Rings, Ropes, Squat Racks, Rowing Machine, and it is in a scenic area I think for your runs. Staff is nice, helpful, and well informed.
If you drive mind to keep valuables out of few in your car. Not that the gym is in a bad area, but this is Downtown D.C.Written 14 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Washington DC