- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The pizza was very good. Thin crust and fresh. We ordered by the slice which gave an opportunity to try more than one kind. Also, one of the more affordable places to eat locally in DC.Written 3 April 2022
- Long time friend of the owner/founder- and yet an objective review- owner takes time to personally perfect each craft he puts out- over 10 years ago I tasted the beginnings of what is now a great tasting beer- keep up the great work, Ben !
ChandanWritten 24 November 2021
- Stopped in for a pick-up during COVID-19. Technically, they were "open" for outside seating, but I still wasn't comfortable staying out in public just yet.
Picked up their Peppercorn Saison - which was nice.
and their Diamonds are Forever - Hazy IPA which was different, but I wasn't a fan of.
and their Citra Lemon Saison -- served chilled (iced) this is one of the MOST refreshing and crisp beers you can't find.
Parking: small lot
Seating: room for 20-30 outdoors w/ distancing
Service: a bit 'cool'
Beers: deliciousWritten 1 August 2020
- We enjoyed a great meal at Right Proper this night, our first night in a Washington DC. We like breweries in general and tend to visit local ones when we travel. The food was excellent! Highly recommend the Brussel sprout appetizer. The wait getting in was really long but the staff did their best to keep us posted and were super friendly. Very nice first evening in Washington DC.Written 16 March 2019
- Large, casual tasting room with fest tables for sampling their ciders. I understand all of the ingredients are locally sourced. Unfortunately, I did not find any of the 4 ciders I sampled noteworthy. Nothing wrong with them – they were just not as crisp, bursting with flavors, or as effervescent as I expected. Am glad I went though. Parking available.Written 7 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Washington DC
- These experiences are best for breweries in Washington DC:
- Small-Group History Tour Pub Crawl of Washington, D.C.
- DC Brew Tour with Tastings and Meal
- DC Boos and Booze Haunted Pub Crawl by US Ghost Adventures