Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was the highlight of my road trip around Slovakia. There are 3 cable cars to reach the summit but the final one only carries 45 people an hour and is best to book in advance. I ordered my tickets in advance (several weeks) just to be safe. We arrived on a very grey overcast day. Once at the end of the 2nd cable car ride the station was entirely shrouded in cloud and it was not possible to see more than 20 ft ahead in any direction. We feared the top would be the same and were prepared to be disappointed, but we waited patiently at the station at our designated time slot. The creepiest looking cable car suddenly but slowly appeared out of the gloom and fog like something from the twilight zone! As a bit of an adrenaline junkie I found the ride exhilarating but quite disconcerting, suspended hundreds of feet in the air but not being able to see anything but white nothing outside. It is probably not for those scared of heights! However 5 mins into the ride , we glimpsed blue sky over the clouds and then the mountain peaks emerged from clouds. It was a 'wow' moment for sure. A carpet of white cloud as far as can be seen with pristine blue skies above and the mountain tops peering over the clouds. An amazing view and one of the most spectacular ive ever seen (and I've been in the Andes, Himalayas and Kilimanjaro) The station at the top has a small bar and coffee shop but to be honest I just spent the allotted 50 mins outside admiring the view outside. Thoroughly worth the ticket and chancing the cloudy weather on an overcast October afternoon!Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gerlachovsky stit is the highest point in Slovakia. I have been there! Love the trip and the view! But you have to wake up early and be on the top before lunch so you have a time to go home.Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place has a beautiful alpine lake and some wonderful views. There is some hiking you can do around this area and many many many places for great pictures.Written 16 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easily accessible and so beautiful! It took us probably 2,5 hours to get there and it was wort it...Written 20 August 2021
- In my opinion IT is most tourist area, i prefer smokovec or tatranska lomnica, but this place is in another tyle, there are note hotels etc.
But hole city looks nice, IT is well suitated, on nice lake, with great trafiła around.
Lake is avearge, on higer tatras you can see a lot betterWritten 30 July 2022
- rested with the whole family, outdoor activities for everyone, many interesting places, great food. take the car, you'll see more. We stayed in a hotel in Prague, I recommend!Written 13 January 2020
- Poliankovo is great place for family and for big groups also. I have spent there 2 hours today and really enjoyed the gallery with name The dialogue with planet earth, great pics, videos, ilussions. Friendly staff, and do not forget to order Selfiecino - it is capuccino with your face on maden by coffee machine!Written 21 February 2020
- Nice walk to the top, 1-1.5h both ways, not very challenging. Can be done also with smaller kids. Can also walk past it for other peaks. Great views. Should not have more than average fitness level. There is also a bistro, where you can get some food - nothing special thou. You can extend the stay there for longer time, as there are other peaks that you can go to also.
To go up - either you walk (quite some walk up) or take the ski lift.Written 21 August 2022
- Yes, we were there for half a day. We did it as a tourist trip. The view is fantastic. We had a lunch there and then we returned down to Stary Smokovec.Written 12 January 2023
- First buy ticket online a week or more before entering.
Than you have ticket from skalnate pleso, so you have to be there on the reservation hour. Entering there (by cable linę) from tatranska lomnica town, także at least 1 hour, probably.even 1.5 hour (im high season).
If you are at Łomnica peak,i t is a great opportunit. You can't just walk on this peak (only by climbing). Great view for slovak and Polish mountain. You have about 40-60 min to see, than you have to rise down.
There bufet as well, do you can drink a coffe or smth else.Written 27 July 2022
- We started from train stop Popradské pleso and walked 4 km on asphalt route to Popradsé pleso lake. The real hike begins from there. This pace is not so popular, as the Rysy peak in nearby, but I recommend it, it's a long light walk, only the end is steep. Beautyful natureal sceneries and fantastic panorama. High Tatra mountais, as we love them.Written 25 August 2021
- We had a short walk in the cold and windy weather, saw the destruction the forest and the hillside had suffered by natural disaster years ago. Compared to childhood memories the countryside made me very sad but Bilikova chata with its welcoming atmosphere, delicious food and friendly waiters made our day.The building itself, the decoration, the atmosphere make it popular with tourists. It is easy to reach, only some-minutes walk from Hrebienok (funicular).They offer accomodation, too.Written 7 November 2018
- I think, it is the most underrated 2500 peak in High Tatras behind the popular Krivan, or Rysy. The ascent is pretty long, with demotivating parts. But if you reach the top, there will be smile on your face.Written 26 April 2019
- The highest waterfall in Slovakia is located in the Kôprová walley. The tour itself to the waterfall took about 90 minutes and you have two possibilities how to reach it. First - from Podbanske, which could be either a nice walk or cycling trip and is suitable also for families with small kids and Second- from Tri Studničky - 1/2 of which is more demanding your physical condition, but indeed nothing impossible.We took the second route and it was indeed beautiful.
The waterfall itself is astonishing. Very high (around 80-90 meters) with a small wooden bridge in front of it, wherefrom you can take nice pictures. Definitely recommend this easy to walk tour to everyone.Written 5 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Vysoke Tatry
Vysoke Tatry Attractions Information