Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Wort going on top of the tower, you will see nice view.Written 3 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Second most important church in Bardejov, in hands of roman catholic community. Construction begun in mid 15th century for the Augustinian order, but it is quite likely it stands on the remains of older church, also of Augustinian origin. When the Augustinians gone, church for some time in 17th changed hands, becoming a protestant temple. Then in 18th century Fransciscan order took over. The former monastery - after all changes and reconstuctions over the centuries, stands on the souther side of the church, and is not available for tourists. Church can be visited inside at times, but it wasn't so when we were there, so we ony admired it's outer shape. Not the best part of UNESCO world heritage in Bardejov, but still blends in nicely into historical substance of the city.Written 3 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Probably one of newest additions to the historic assemble of Bardejov. Built in the beginning of 20th cetury in the south-western part of town centre, at Jiráskova street - that street runs on what was a moat, that was a part of town fortifications. Church in eclectic style, with some neo-romanesque elements. Iconostasis from mid second decade of 20th century. Main door open fora a quick visit. Belongs to greek-catholic community, and it's part of Presov archdiocese of that rite.Written 3 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bardejov
- These places are best for churches & cathedrals in Bardejov:
- St. Egidius Basilica
- Church of John the Baptist and the Franciscan monastery
- Church of Peter and Paul
- Church of St. Anna
- Evangelical church of St. Cyril and Methodius