Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Tours near Bardejov
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This beautiful basilica is located in the Main Square, that is the part of the UNESCO World Heritage. It’s one of the richest cathedrals of medieval origin. St. Egidius was the patron saint of goldsmiths. The basilica has a rich but hard history with earthquake, lightning strike, fire. It was renovated in the late 1800s then it was completely renewed in the 1990s. Now it’s majestic with its eleven original Gothic winged altars. We visited it, the entrance fee is 1.50 euro, but it’s worth. I liked it very much, I think it’s a must-see site.Written 16 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a one-day trip to Bardejov and started our visit in the Old Town in the Main Square. It’s located in the centre and it’s huge: 260x80ms. We walked around and saw many colourful, two-storey old houses around. I liked these Renaissance, late Gothic, Baroque historical buildings. The famous St. Egidius Basilica and the Former Town Hall-Museum are the most important buildings there. It’s a marketplace and there was a big market with lots of local products on Saturday, too.Written 16 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This statue is located in the Main square (Radnice Namestie) and everybody stops to take a photo with the executioner. I just „became his friend” and I hugged him, but one of our friends became his „victim”. It was shocking and funny at the same time. Don’t miss it!Written 16 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you enjoy medieval treasures you will love this museum. Beautiful, wonderfully preserved artifacts on dis-lay. This is a gem of a museum.Written 10 August 2018
- I stumbled upon this unexpectedly, but it was one of my favourite things in Bardejov!
I am not particularly a fan of The Beatles or John Lennon, but I really enjoyed this quirky and unusual tribute to an influential musician.
I believe they hold a vigil here every December on the anniversary of Lenno's untimely death.Written 30 July 2023
- A place worth visiting and a reminder of the history of the Holocaust in these areas. The monument is very architecturally interesting.Written 26 October 2018
- The Old Town of Bardejov and Radnice Namestie (Main Square) is on the UNESCO World Heritage List from 2000. I think rightfully so, I like this place with its Renaissance, late Gothic, Baroque historical buildings. We walked around and saw these colourful old houses. The most impressive is Malov mestiansky one. It’ a cafe now.Written 17 May 2023
- Town halls are usually most important buildings in every town. But the one in Bardejov must even more important, as it is listed no less then three times here on TripAdvisor: twice as "Saris Museum - Town Hall" and also as "The former "townhouse"". Hopefuly TA admin will now look at it. This town hall looks pretty much just like a ordinary town house, only its location may be slightly weird, as it stands in the middle of the market square, as a propper town hall should. It is now a part of Sarisske Muzeum Bardejov, where Saris (or Šariš) is the name of historic region of Slovakia, which used to be split into Horny (upper, north), with Bardejov as a capital, and Dolny (lower, south), with Presov as a capital. Entry to the museum from north, opposite St. Eligius Basilica, by the former side entrance (as the decorative main entrance no longer in use), where ticket office and souvenirs shop is located. Two floors filled with artefacts from rich town history, also thehistoric interior design of the building is very interesting even without exhibits. Definitely should be a starting point of exploring Bardejov.Written 3 March 2019
- This is one of 'must visit' places in Bardejov. You can have a rest and enjoy great coofee, craft beer or whatever you want.Written 17 May 2022
- a characteristic place for bardejov. The cross will be on the road of your walk, but you will not be delighted with this tourist attraction.Written 29 October 2018
- I am in such a luck. Those fountains never sing when I'm there. I'm gonna start to think they are just an urban myth :) anyways, park here is lovely, take time off, go for a coffe at the cafe near by.Written 9 June 2018
- It was a surprise for me to find a synagogue in the spa city of Bardejov. Haven´t managed to go inside but will do next time. Nice building.Written 20 September 2014
- Second most important church in Bardejov, in hands of roman catholic community. Construction begun in mid 15th century for the Augustinian order, but it is quite likely it stands on the remains of older church, also of Augustinian origin. When the Augustinians gone, church for some time in 17th changed hands, becoming a protestant temple. Then in 18th century Fransciscan order took over. The former monastery - after all changes and reconstuctions over the centuries, stands on the souther side of the church, and is not available for tourists. Church can be visited inside at times, but it wasn't so when we were there, so we ony admired it's outer shape. Not the best part of UNESCO world heritage in Bardejov, but still blends in nicely into historical substance of the city.Written 3 March 2019
- This famous town hall was the first Renaissance building in Slovakia. It’s from 16th century, 1505-1508. It’s located in the Old Town, in the middle of Radnice Namestie (Main Square), which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List from 2000. It’s a real jewel box decorated with a Renaissance staircase and a typical roof structure. It’s a must-see site.Written 16 May 2023
Bardejov Attractions Information