- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great museum! The museum is huge and there’s loads of information about Saaremaa’s history right from the medieval period up to their independence from the Soviet Union. The exhibition is full of information and great displays of Soviet items. The castle is absolutely stunning, too!Written 27 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I spent about an hour here. We got an audio guide which focuses on the castle. It was informative but a lot of the discussions were too long. There were a few interesting parts but I found it a bit tedious.
We were much more impressed with, and interested in, the permanent displays. They had one on the Forest Brothers - a group of anti-Soviet resistance fighters. It was excellent. The exhibits on the WW2 era were also very well done.
They have a nice gift shop and the workers are very helpful.
Recommended.Written 4 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This exhibit is a must-see in Kuressaare! The exhibit is very detailed with loads of information on how people lived their lives during the Soviet occupation. There’s tonnes of cool artefacts and reconstructions of old Soviet shops and restaurants. The lady who works there is super friendly and happy to give a little introduction on Soviet life. I definitely recommend this museum, I was there for about two and a half hours!Written 27 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A peaceful visit to a farm which showed how the islanders lived. We were treated to a display of Estonian national singing and dancing which was great fun and enjoyable. Set inthe forest the drive was also interesting. A very pleasant trip.Written 16 June 2022
- It is such a nice view and path that leads to the crater. The colour of the crater is light green and looks interesting. The crater is small from the top but when you come closer it looks much biggerWritten 8 August 2015
- This galery is located in the Rathause, right near the tourism information centre and contains pieces of contemporary art. It is worthwhile to take a tour and to intorduce yourself with it :)Written 7 July 2015
- This place will not take a lot of time, but this will be funny time. Will not retell this place story (as this is part you are going to discover on the place, but it was surprising and fresh. I'm not sure, if suits for small kids, but for teens was perfect.Written 3 July 2022
- It is located on the way to Bishops Castle, so that it is diffcult to miss it :) You may wish to find something interesting for you or your spouse :)Written 7 July 2015
- Even though it was a bit of a rainy day, this was a nice place to visit. There are several buildings and interesting things outdoors, including an old watchtower.Written 17 August 2021
- If you are looking for something old and real - this is it! Beutiful old tiny city in Saarenmaa island in Estonia. We spent three nights in Georg Ots Spa - rooms were basic standard, spa department and treatments were ok.Written 30 May 2013
- Liked the Place a lot. Good for many types of customers and nice atmosphere and personell. Good quality in every aspects.Written 18 April 2016
- Don't you waste your time and check working time of this museum. It is opened on Wednesday to Sunday 10-17. Located in modest and unkempt house it does not confirms willingness to keep memory about persons who inhabited this house.Written 30 June 2015