- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- And one of the more interesting streets away from the old centre is Kastani. Include that in your rambling around town....Written 5 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Quiet relaxing garden perfect for a meditation retreat from the city and yet so close to it. It's especially beautiful in summer when the weather is sunny and the flowers are blooming.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice. Everyone remembers young days, first love, nice girl, romantic days and nights. Always good to be a student in all countriesWritten 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Grab a pair of skates for €3 and hop on a free rink for a hour. Don't expect high-speed sporting, tho :pWritten 25 January 2021
- This is an automatic "included" if you visit the former cathedral/library, now the university museum. Well set-up and maintained place, nice to walk. The only "but", apart from the rain, are the cobblestones - so ladies, wear flat shoes and all, wear comfortable shoes.Written 10 May 2019
- We went to see The Nutcracker there and I was blown away by how simple going to the theatre is in this theatre, now queues, free coat hanging and boot storage - the Estonians, dress up for the theatre and lots of seats for people to change into their beautiful shoes. Lot's of young children dressed up for their experience of this ballet.
We saw the ballet in front row circle seats for 28 euros each and the train from Tallinn took circa 2 hours and was 10 euros each way - Note you can't buy return tickets but there is an option to buy a travel card if you are there for longerWritten 13 December 2019
- lovely bridge to walk over and legend goes you must go over the bridge holding your breath and your wish will come true. so that was fun trying to do that. lots of uni students all dressed up getting photos before they go back to school. nothing too special about the bridge but the legend is good and its funWritten 3 October 2019
- Best place to go on a first date to test someone's patience :)
Really cool decorations and rooms. One of the best ways to spend time in Tartu.Written 4 March 2020
- Mart took us on a bogshoe hike in Endla. We had a great time and it was one of the best days of our trip.
He arranged everything so that it was convenient for us : he was very flexible about the organisation, the activites (we swam in a pond, ate lunch in a local cafe,...) and the timing. He was listening to our needs and wishes and he always found a way to combine them with interesting stuff that he could show us.
He provided the bog shoes and even some tea and local snacks (fresh berries from his garden !). He was able to answer any question that we asked him, you can feel how passionate he is about what he's doing. We learned so much about the Estonian nature, but also the Estonian culture in just a couple of hours.
We would definitely recommend any activity with Wanderest, it's a great way of discovering Estonia in a very authentic manner.Written 7 August 2019
- Visited the spa with a 1-year-old. Few pools for children of different ages. Lots of people on the 25thof December. The air in general was not cold even though the biggest pool was. The life guards were on point: telling even adults not to jump into the pool if needed. The shower areas were clean, as were the lockers too. My minus comes from the too small area meant for the smallest of kids, the cold big pool and small changing rooms inside the big locker rooms.Written 26 December 2019