- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The Emajõe-Suursoo is one of the oldest and, at 200km2, the largest of all delta swamps in Estonia. Because of its environmental importance and its rare and endangered species, it was placed under protection in 1981. The visitors' centre is located 25 km from Tartu on the left bank of Emajõe River in the renovated ruins of a 14th century castle. The marshlands cover approximately 25,000 ha, 7,000 ha of this can get flooded. They are the fifth largest marshlands in Estonia and the biggest delta marshlands in the country. We were lucky to have a guide and a boat, but forget the mobile phone, you are more likely to pick up Russian signals and pay a hefty roaming charge if you turn it on.Written 22 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mart took us on a bogshoe hike in Endla. We had a great time and it was one of the best days of our trip.
He arranged everything so that it was convenient for us : he was very flexible about the organisation, the activites (we swam in a pond, ate lunch in a local cafe,...) and the timing. He was listening to our needs and wishes and he always found a way to combine them with interesting stuff that he could show us.
He provided the bog shoes and even some tea and local snacks (fresh berries from his garden !). He was able to answer any question that we asked him, you can feel how passionate he is about what he's doing. We learned so much about the Estonian nature, but also the Estonian culture in just a couple of hours.
We would definitely recommend any activity with Wanderest, it's a great way of discovering Estonia in a very authentic manner.Written 7 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A perfect option to take a break from everyday duties and enjoy weather, nature, and do some sport at the same time. Also, you can take breathtaking photos while canoeing.Written 29 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are looking for some quiet and to watch the world go by, this is the thing to do in Tartu. There is no guide. The boat goes to the north edge of town (at the beach), and then turns around and goes south (past some rather modern, expensive looking homes). Takes 1.5 hours, about. There are snacks to buy on board, or bring your own. Wave at the people along the river, ie fisherman, teenagers drinking, etc.Written 21 June 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Tartu
- These places are best for outdoor activities in Tartu:
- Emajoe-Suursoo Hiking Trails
- Innovation Tours OÜ
- Sail down the Emajogi River on the Pegasus Day Tours