- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Quiet relaxing garden perfect for a meditation retreat from the city and yet so close to it. It's especially beautiful in summer when the weather is sunny and the flowers are blooming.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an automatic "included" if you visit the former cathedral/library, now the university museum. Well set-up and maintained place, nice to walk. The only "but", apart from the rain, are the cobblestones - so ladies, wear flat shoes and all, wear comfortable shoes.Written 10 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was better than expected. My kids were there few years ago and were not excited. So, I had low expectations. In reality this small paleontology museum was very interesting and eye widening about the development of Estonian region many thousands year ago. I liked the second floor more than 1st.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Emajõe-Suursoo is one of the oldest and, at 200km2, the largest of all delta swamps in Estonia. Because of its environmental importance and its rare and endangered species, it was placed under protection in 1981. The visitors' centre is located 25 km from Tartu on the left bank of Emajõe River in the renovated ruins of a 14th century castle. The marshlands cover approximately 25,000 ha, 7,000 ha of this can get flooded. They are the fifth largest marshlands in Estonia and the biggest delta marshlands in the country. We were lucky to have a guide and a boat, but forget the mobile phone, you are more likely to pick up Russian signals and pay a hefty roaming charge if you turn it on.Written 22 October 2016
- The outbuildings (mostly exteriors only), gardens (free access) and park (free access) form the nearest (just 11km from Tartu centre) example of the core holdings of a former estate of aristocratic Baltic-Germans.
As with a great many of these former estates, the 'core' buildings now function in ways greatly different from the originals.
The mõis (manor-house) has been substantially redesigned whilst maintaining some of the original buildings keys features. The mõis houses Luunja's local council (vallavalitsus) and administrators.
Housed amongst the outbuildings are the local grocery shop and a chemist. However most of the outbuildings are either falling into ruin or are filled with equipment belonging to Luunja town council.Written 3 July 2015
- The white washed walls and entrance gate arches, mounted by lions, are all that are visible. Trees screen the house from view.Written 3 July 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Tartu
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Tartu:See more nature & parks for children in Tartu on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Tartu:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Tartu on Tripadvisor