- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
125 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 125
What travellers are saying
- I was there for a day trip from Helsinki on a Friday in late September. The Old Town is a short walk from the ferry terminal and is itself easily walkable. Most of the buildings, structures and churches are in remarkably good shape, although several of the churches were undergoing restoration projects at the time. Sidewalks are narrow, but there are pedestrian only streets and traffic is light on the other narrow roads. Be sure to have good walking shoes. Some streets are cobblestone, but others are simply various shaped stones set in cement.
As for the town, I recommend at least two days if you want to tour the churches, hit the shops and explore in more detail. For a day trip, the sights were great and I was able to see just about the entire town in about 5-hours or so.
Lots of sidewalk restaurants throughout the town and a large central square adjacent to the Old Town Hall. As to be expected, the restaurants and cafes on the square are more expensive and touristy.
Overall, the town was not overrun with tourists, but that may be due to the late season. I would definitely like to return and spend more time exploring in more depth.Written 3 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An amazing view of the old town. Not too crowded, but I happened to be there when a group of tourists passed by.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A relatively small but very pretty church situated on Toompea Hill right across from the Parliament. No photo allowed inside so just enjoy your visit.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- wonderful park, lush and green, just so sad that all the museums on the terrain, are closed on a Monday.Written 18 August 2022
- I happened to visit the place on a Sunday. There was a medieval styled event going on. Singing, medieval clothing and tents. Pretty funky experience.Written 8 August 2022
- I walked around wishing I had booked a guided tour here as I'm certain I missed some terrific things. It's more than just graffiti style art. Everyone there, of all ages, looked like they were enjoying it. Playgrounds for kids, shops, cafes, studios, etcWritten 7 August 2022
- This is one of our favorite places in Old Town Tallinn. It's quiet and has quaint shops and cool tombstones from centuries ago. It's not easy to find this passage - just keep looking!Written 28 September 2022
- The city is remarkable visually, and it was even more spectacular from the viewing point, You can easily traverse the entire old town.Written 26 July 2022
- Good backdrop for photos.
This is an easy walk from the cruise ship docks.
This is co-located with the old town so you see this while enroute.Written 13 August 2022
- We was in the City and walkt to the Market. It is great and you can get there a lot different things. We grapt us some food, wich was delicios. As well we watcht all the other market stands.Written 28 September 2022
- A very beautiful neighbour where you can eat, drink or shop. A former industrial zone well restored full of places to hangoutWritten 22 August 2022
- A pretty part of the old town. Not a must place to visit, since the whole town is surrounded by much larger walls.Written 8 August 2022
- Had lovely time at this beach,lovely sand,nice area for sunbathing,swimming,even some sports there two.Written 10 July 2022
- the best place to take photos on Tallin old town. Easy to reach by the city centre. churches, restaurants and shop near the placeWritten 27 March 2022
- A peaceful and beautiful place to sit and The White Monk terrace next to it is a good place for lunch if you are visiting Kiek in die Koch and as an alternative to their rather soulless cafe (we went out for lunch and back in again afterwards)Written 28 August 2020