- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I was there for a day trip from Helsinki on a Friday in late September. The Old Town is a short walk from the ferry terminal and is itself easily walkable. Most of the buildings, structures and churches are in remarkably good shape, although several of the churches were undergoing restoration projects at the time. Sidewalks are narrow, but there are pedestrian only streets and traffic is light on the other narrow roads. Be sure to have good walking shoes. Some streets are cobblestone, but others are simply various shaped stones set in cement.
As for the town, I recommend at least two days if you want to tour the churches, hit the shops and explore in more detail. For a day trip, the sights were great and I was able to see just about the entire town in about 5-hours or so.
Lots of sidewalk restaurants throughout the town and a large central square adjacent to the Old Town Hall. As to be expected, the restaurants and cafes on the square are more expensive and touristy.
Overall, the town was not overrun with tourists, but that may be due to the late season. I would definitely like to return and spend more time exploring in more depth.Written 3 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very beautiful neighbour where you can eat, drink or shop. A former industrial zone well restored full of places to hangoutWritten 22 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had lovely time at this beach,lovely sand,nice area for sunbathing,swimming,even some sports there two.Written 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tallinn
- These are the best places for kid-friendly neighbourhoods in Tallinn:See more neighbourhoods for children in Tallinn on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking neighbourhoods in Tallinn:See more neighbourhoods for couples in Tallinn on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking neighbourhoods in Tallinn:See more neighbourhoods for groups in Tallinn on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Tallinn:See more budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Tallinn on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for neighbourhoods in Tallinn:See more romantic neighbourhoods in Tallinn on Tripadvisor