- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I did not think I would enjoy this museum but I was so surprised how good it was and so interesting. It really has everything and takes you back in time so you can experiment what it was really like in years gone by. Everything is in excellent preserved condition including pianos, gramophone and violin. Great visit.Written 2 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place to visit with children. You get idea of safety in traffic and home, some forensics basics. The people working there could be more active and interested in visitors.Written 22 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rakvere Gallery at the historically famous Pikk Street introduces the art of the county with many exhibitions and thematic expositions.Written 13 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I first visited this museum, I had a fascinating time with posters and other memorabilia from the Soviet era in Estonian. I also enjoyed the Lammasmägi Kunda culture finds, from a nearby archeological site, which at 8000–5000 BC (see Wikipedia) were once thought to be the oldest in Estonia. The next time I visited, all this had disappeared and replaced with exhibits so boring I cannot remember them. The building has now been handed over to the federal government for the Estonian Police Museum. I believe that this was done as a cost-saving measure for those behind the previous excellent museum.
During my recent visit to the Police Museum, I missed out on what probably was the highlight, ten dastardly crimes in Estonia, because the black curtain and the police tape looked too convincingly like a "please do not enter, not a museum exhibit" sign.Written 5 September 2015