- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
33 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- We visited here through a cruise ship tour, so got a full tour of the castle, got to try some vodka, then had lunch in the castle. Definitely worth the trip, it's like stepping back in time once you are inside.Written 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Extremely good location. Short walk from anywhere you want to be or see in Rakvere. Suits well for everyone from family trip to business trip. Waterpark was very fun and had something for everyone. Especially the sauna section was great. Eight different saunas which had very relaxing effect. You can eat and drink at the pool bar (sushi,fruits,smoothie,salad, sanwitches etc.). You should reserve massagetreatments etc. for like a day in advance or more. Restaurants and breakfast were also good. Strongly recommeded place to stay for the time in Rakvere!Written 21 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tavras sculpture is one of the main attractions in Rakvere, a real symbol of the town. It is relatively young, was installed less than 20 years ago, but looks like everybody knows about this sculpture! You can see it from afar, but near it looks even more impressive.Written 19 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came across this cute town center on our walk around Rakvere. You can sit and take a rest. Great place to people watch.Written 15 October 2020
- A place to visit with children. You get idea of safety in traffic and home, some forensics basics. The people working there could be more active and interested in visitors.Written 22 March 2018
- A small but very beautiful Orthodox church wich is very impressive inside always open to light your candle.Written 13 September 2018
- Huge monument in a place you can see from down the hill. Nice spot to sit in the night and have a beer.Written 25 March 2019
- a great place to go to take a short walk in the nature
peaceful and quiet atmosphere
neat, not poluted trailsWritten 5 November 2018
- I did not think I would enjoy this museum but I was so surprised how good it was and so interesting. It really has everything and takes you back in time so you can experiment what it was really like in years gone by. Everything is in excellent preserved condition including pianos, gramophone and violin. Great visit.Written 2 June 2019
- Cozy street with art and souvenir shop. The street was empty when we went except for a few locals running. We went during the week on a rainy day. Which could attribute to the lack of people. We stopped into an art store. And bought a few souvenirs at a local wool store.Written 15 October 2020
- The church of Rakvere, this small Basilica was erected in 1430 and lies ih the heart of the city next to a small park.Written 13 September 2018
- This is one of Estonia's most famous theaters a the heart of Rakvere. It is believed that Rakvere is the smallest city in Europe with it's own theater.Written 13 September 2018
- The German military cemetery in Rakvere,Estonia is a peaceful place opposite the boutique hotel,Villa Theresa.it is ocated in an oak grove with much greenery and fresh air. But when you inspect the memorial and discover that 1456 German soldiers are buried here in this small town where there was a German military hospital in World War 2 it makes you think about the horrrs of war and to be grateful that fresh flowers are still laid on the memorial.Written 9 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Rakvere
- The most popular things to do in Rakvere with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Rakvere on Tripadvisor