- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Haapsalu old town is my favorite place to visit in Estonia. The small old town is surrounded by the sea, very nice small streets to walk, visit some restaurants or cafe´. There were places on the sea where the ice was cleaned from snow and ice skaters enjoying themselves. The town is not busy in winter time, rather peaceful. Lots of great apartments available, some close to the old town even have sauna and zacuzzi where we relaxed.Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Impressive castle to visit with children. There was a children playground just a few minutes walk from the castle. This is a must visit in Haapsalu and a very good reason to visit Haapsalu. We visited last time in December 2021 but know that there are lots of events like concerts and American car show organised during summer months. A few hours past quite fast walking around and in the castle.Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed walking almost the entire promenade, very nice as it goes all the way at the sea and around the Haapsalu old town. It has parks, restaurants, the Africa beach and cafe´s. The Africa beach itself seems to be very suitable to visit even with smaller children and they have a playground just close to the beach. We enjoyed visiting Haapsalu as there are many restaurants and nice apartments to choose from. Our apartment even had sauna and a jacuzzi and no need to visit any of the SPA hotels.Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The bus stopped right next to the train station which is now a museum and a good place to start exploring Haapsalu. The building itself is rather grand and the platform is 216 m long. The Russian Czars used to come here as it was a summer resort town. Part of the station building has an imperial pavilion. The station was used from 1904 to 1995 and is now a museum. Some old railway stock can be seen on the tracks and there is a small entrance fee but i was never charged.Written 21 June 2019