Top Attractions in Trencin
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful historical castle set in a beautiful town. Well worth a day trip to experience both castle and town. Great photo opportunities. No need for a tour guide as many signs were multilingual.Written 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The name of this fountain refers to a Vodnik, which is a type of Slavic male water spirit with the body of a man and the face of a frog. The fountain has an innovative and creative design. The centrepiece of the fountain is a sculpture of a well and a Vodnik has climbed over the top, spitting water from his mouth. Great for for children who love to dodge the "spit"Written 25 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Yesterday I visited Slovakia, also the city of Trencin. From the city tower (gate) is a beautiful view of the city of Trencin (see my photos). Visit this view point, there is a lift.Written 21 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sturovo namestie is a public square in Trencin. There's the usual array of cafes and restaurants in and around the square. The original square was for holding cattle and grain markets, which gave rise to its name - Cereal Market. The centre of the square a cute little fountains called vodníka Valentína, which features a type of male water spirit from Slovak myths.
The square is pleasant enough, but I wouldn't go out of the way to see it.Written 25 October 2019
- This was a highlight of our trip, the Christmas market here in Trencin. The public area would be attractive at any time, but it was magical with the stalls of food, drink, and crafts.Written 15 January 2020
- An interesting way to access the church. As you can see from the picture its an enclosed step-way. Its not too long but if you are elderly and have trouble with steps generally, you may want to take it easy if you are going to attempt it. But there is a handrail if you need it.
Once you reach the top the church itself is very pleasant but the views across the surrounding countryside are more impressive. You can literally see for miles, with all the different coloured fields with various crops, the railway line and other sites.Written 31 March 2017
- A bit shorter than expected, but worth it. A small building, where the city executioner used to live.Written 15 April 2020
- This shopping mall is realy good designed, you feel like you are on a walk and you just wander between different shops. There is place to eat some fastfood, the playground, fitness center, lot of different clothing shops, shoes shops, book shop, grocery etc. I can really find there what I need.Written 29 August 2016
- If you are in Trencin you should make a quick stop in the Hotel Elizabeth to see this piece of history. As mentioned, you will need to take an elevator in order to view it through the glass.Written 15 January 2020
- Exterior of the church is not very distinctive but the interior offers beautiful example of a typical baroque church. Due to it's location and due to the colors of walls it looks bit dark. But when your eyes will be used to less light you will enjoy all details of this local gem.Written 3 January 2018
- The building of synagogue in Trencin is impressive and although in very bad condition and calling for a maintenance still beautiful and worth it a short stop. Unfortunately it is not open for visitors and can only be watched from outside.Written 26 June 2018
- We were lucky to see this church as it seems that most churches in Slovakia are closed. They had just had a service, so we were able to have a quick look round. A beautiful small church, nicely designed inside and the views from outside over the town are also good. Follow the covered stairway down to the town afterwards for a change!Written 4 November 2019
- The Plague Pillar is located in the central Trencin and is a great place to meet friends and to take a view of the castle day or night. Your visit can be short or you can sit on one of the benches around the monument relax and enjoy the beautiful city. This is also one of several ideal meeting places within the city.Written 15 April 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Trencin
- The best outdoor activities in Trencin according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Trencin on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Trencin with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Trencin on Tripadvisor