Trams • Public Transportation Systems
Tours near Stary Smokovec
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The funicular (ground cable car) from Stary Smokovec to Hrebienek is quick and pleasant. Beats walking up the steep hill.Written 11 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you're a native speaker, it is funny to read in En as a Cold Water Waterfall :-D And hell yes, it is a five star place for every generations. Easy to get there, short walk from Hrebienok. But please, don't wear stilettos :-D (It is not a joke, I have seen women wearing stilettos there) Sneakers are okay.Written 17 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked all the way to the falls from Patria Hotel. It was a rainy day and we had to buy raincoats an the way. despite the weather, it was quite crowded. When we reached the top, we understood why. The falls are quite impressing!Written 3 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a very small place, gets crowded easily, but it's a nice stop on the way to the waterfalls. They offer mulled wine and a special tea made from Tatra herbs.Written 26 November 2018
- We visited this place with kids before departing Stary Smokoviec. Access only with at minimum one adult - we paid 25 eur for 1 adult and 2 kids.
On the positive - nice optical illusions (bridge, where walls turn - be prepared for good stamina), you can make nice pictures.
On negative - ends quite quickly and some things are repeating/are similar.Written 21 August 2022
- Since the past years, I was there many-many times. As a teacher, with my class, as a tourist with my friends, I have seen it before the big wind-storm and I was there after that storm, full of tears in my eyes. Last visit was 2 days ago and I am happy, thet nature is doing his job, the trees are growing, te water is flowing and the bridge is from steel. I rememer the old one from wood, but it is only history, lives in our memories and old paper photographs.Written 17 October 2022
- Unfortunately can not visit this church because it was close. Only can see from door window showing that is a something special to visitWritten 6 March 2019
- The best massage we've ever had. Both ladies with golden hands know exactly which points to press and thus relax the body. After the massage we feel so light and full of energy. Friendly and professional staff. We will definitely visit again.Written 5 September 2023
- Located in quite a scenic environment this is a nice place to catch few drinks and food. Also it is good value for money.Written 16 January 2020
- David was a great host! We had lot of fun developing my first film roll. He was very polite and respectful with a clear passion for what he teaches. His friendly attitude immediately broke the ice and the experience took place in a relaxed manner. The facts were presented in a simple way and were easy to understand. David showed me how to use the needed equipment in a dark room and encouraged me to try it. Now I have a developed filmroll that I can show my friends and for other use. All in all, I definitely recommend booking this experience, it’s worth the price.Written 9 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Stary Smokovec
- The best outdoor activities in Stary Smokovec according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Stary Smokovec on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Stary Smokovec with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Stary Smokovec on Tripadvisor
Stary Smokovec Attractions Information