Trams • Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very good and efficient at Hrebienok 'Lanovka'. (Hrebienok funicular)
Clean, safe ride to the top!
Enjoyed the fabulous views through the large, clean funicular windows.
:)Written 10 October 2020
- There are few waterfalls there, and it takes around 40min to reach the biggest two of them. It's really a great view. Worth a visit.Written 20 September 2019
- We walked all the way to the falls from Patria Hotel. It was a rainy day and we had to buy raincoats an the way. despite the weather, it was quite crowded. When we reached the top, we understood why. The falls are quite impressing!Written 3 November 2019
- It's a very small place, gets crowded easily, but it's a nice stop on the way to the waterfalls. They offer mulled wine and a special tea made from Tatra herbs.Written 26 November 2018
- Walking with two kids, we did not really like the green path to Hrebeniok and further to the Dlhy (Long) waterfall. The path was steep and not really interesting, and on that hot day lots of people were moving both on foot and by funicular.
This impression has changed the moment we reached the small mountain river, Studeny potok. The view out there is really picturesque, and one does not need to go with the crowd - what is called a waterfall is really a number of water cascades, and it's not that difficult to find a more secluded spot to enjoy the view.
The final revelation came as we turned to walk down the yellow path from the Long waterfall to Tatranska Lesna. Closely following the course of the river for most of 3.5 km, it provides many chances to reach the water safely and enjoy the beautiful view. It is also noticeably cooler there, in comparison to the Hrebeniok route, which was a nice surprise! Would recommend it, at least for those descending from the waterfalls. (Have not yet tried it uphill, but it looked promising.)Written 26 June 2022
- Unfortunately can not visit this church because it was close. Only can see from door window showing that is a something special to visitWritten 6 March 2019
- We visited this place with kids before departing Stary Smokoviec. Access only with at minimum one adult - we paid 25 eur for 1 adult and 2 kids.
On the positive - nice optical illusions (bridge, where walls turn - be prepared for good stamina), you can make nice pictures.
On negative - ends quite quickly and some things are repeating/are similar.Written 21 August 2022
- Located in quite a scenic environment this is a nice place to catch few drinks and food. Also it is good value for money.Written 16 January 2020
- ..what else...? 😉 well..very relaxing atmosphere, Rung is very powerful and she knows how to use her power..I had one-hour massage with herbal balls-they were hot and aromatic (lemongras and spices from Thailand)..I will definitely recommend these massage studio and looking forward to my next visit! Thanks a lot! 😀Written 11 August 2018
- David was a great host! We had lot of fun developing my first film roll. He was very polite and respectful with a clear passion for what he teaches. His friendly attitude immediately broke the ice and the experience took place in a relaxed manner. The facts were presented in a simple way and were easy to understand. David showed me how to use the needed equipment in a dark room and encouraged me to try it. Now I have a developed filmroll that I can show my friends and for other use. All in all, I definitely recommend booking this experience, it’s worth the price.Written 9 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Stary Smokovec
- The best outdoor activities in Stary Smokovec according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Stary Smokovec on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Stary Smokovec with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Stary Smokovec on Tripadvisor