Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Top Attractions in Poprad
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- One of the attactions in the main square. A group were practising violin playing. So we got to sit in a nice cool church and listen to some music. Nothing special artitecture wiseWritten 17 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I grew up in this building. I always liked its architecture, even when it was not restored. Today it is beautifully renovated.
As to the exhibitions, there is a permanent exhibition on the ground floor. On the first floor you can see the current exhibition. The prices are reasonable however, by the opening of the current exhibition you can enter the gallery for free. The openings are often accompanied by concert or performance.Written 4 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well, it's a tourist information centre with a lot of information on the region. The person on duty was very helpful and provided us with all the information we needed. They have affordable high-quality outdoors maps of the area for sale, too.Written 16 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed a few days in Poprad and sat at the modest fountain most days. Very popular with the locals to get an ice cream cone and sit near the fountain. Unfortunatly little shade when hot. The square has multible restaurants and a supermarket beside the church. The supermaket is superisingly big inside. Local basic Wine is great value - better than going to Billa or Kaufland near the railwayb station. At one end of the square is the new Shopping Mall called The Forum with C&A, H&M and Tesco with lots of specialised clothes shops. Big food court on the top floor for quick dining. Lots of different food styles to suite everyone. There is a butcher shop more or less opposite the tourist Information officeWritten 17 June 2019
- If you're looking for a shopping center in Poprad - the Forum is the best choice.
You'll find there fashion, coffee, food court and other stores in the center of Poprad.Written 4 August 2018
- The Zimny stadion in Poprad, the ice arena, is a great place to watch a hockey game. It is comfortable and all the seats are good. It's a little more modern than some other of the areas in Slovakia. It is an easy walk from the center of town. There's parking if you'd it. It's easy to buy a ticket on game day. The fans in the stadium are very nice, especially the fan club that sits up in one corner cheering for their team. Lots of families with kids go to the match. HK Poprad is an exciting hockey team and worth watching. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening!Written 24 October 2021
- Pre booked whole day ticket day in advance for one adult and one child on discount website. Great saving. Easy entry from car park side. Security guards very friendly and helpful there and on exit gates. My 11 year old son had a blast while I was sunbathing. No issues except * food * we ordered chicken strips and fried cheese with chips. Chips ok, but I think they make chicken and cheese from frozen box from Aldi or something ,disgusting. Don’t know why they don’t make it usual Slovakian way. Price is same as other restaurants around if not more expensive but quality minimum. Drinks pancakes ice creams no problem. Cashless system which is great then paying on exit with wristbands. Staff at main gate very rude. Paid on exit, said thank you and bye twice, as thought she misheard me lol and she just ignored me while yelling Neeeext* ….maybe they need some training in customer service and if they want a return visitors not just one offs.Written 31 August 2022
- This is right in the center of the Poprad city and it is quite well maintained. It has retained all the historical values.Written 6 September 2020
- Although it looks big, the OC Max doesn't offer the same shopping experience as the Forum mall in Poprad.
Therefore, if you need to do some shopping, I recommend to go to the Forum, and not to the OC Max.Written 6 August 2018
- We came across this church on our way waling to Spišská Sobota from Poprad. Unfortunatly there was the river between us and the church so we just got some photos. About 10mins walk from Poprad main squareWritten 17 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Poprad
- The best outdoor activities in Poprad according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Poprad on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Poprad with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Poprad on Tripadvisor