Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I grew up in this building. I always liked its architecture, even when it was not restored. Today it is beautifully renovated.
As to the exhibitions, there is a permanent exhibition on the ground floor. On the first floor you can see the current exhibition. The prices are reasonable however, by the opening of the current exhibition you can enter the gallery for free. The openings are often accompanied by concert or performance.Written 4 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the attactions in the main square. A group were practising violin playing. So we got to sit in a nice cool church and listen to some music. Nothing special artitecture wiseWritten 17 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well, it's a tourist information centre with a lot of information on the region. The person on duty was very helpful and provided us with all the information we needed. They have affordable high-quality outdoors maps of the area for sale, too.Written 16 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My friend and I wandered around the square. It’s been refreshed by the local authorities and is quite interesting with restaurants and other shops.Written 14 October 2023
- The Zimny stadion in Poprad, the ice arena, is a great place to watch a hockey game. It is comfortable and all the seats are good. It's a little more modern than some other of the areas in Slovakia. It is an easy walk from the center of town. There's parking if you'd it. It's easy to buy a ticket on game day. The fans in the stadium are very nice, especially the fan club that sits up in one corner cheering for their team. Lots of families with kids go to the match. HK Poprad is an exciting hockey team and worth watching. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening!Written 24 October 2021
- Very expensive for such uncomfortable structure. Pictures are better than real life experience. Lot of people, little to do and the price dont include even saunas.Written 7 July 2023
- If you're looking for a shopping center in Poprad - the Forum is the best choice.
You'll find there fashion, coffee, food court and other stores in the center of Poprad.Written 4 August 2018
- We came across this church on our way waling to Spišská Sobota from Poprad. Unfortunatly there was the river between us and the church so we just got some photos. About 10mins walk from Poprad main squareWritten 17 June 2019
- This is the regional museum. It has the standard type of local history on the top floor, going from the earliest signs of human habitation through to the present day, and is very informative. However, what is really exciting is the new part of the permanent exhibition, on the ground floor. "The Tomb of the Prince of Poprad" is about a recent archaeological find of a tomb from the 4th century -- a unique find in Europe. If you are interested in archaeological finds, this exhibition is a good reason to come to Poprad in itself. Although the tomb was made of wood, the mud it was buried in preserved it and the remains of the "prince" well. Although clearly an important person, no one really knows who he is or why someone who had spent time in the Mediterranean and was buried with many Roman funeral elements ended up here. However, the exhibition not only explains what is known about him and the culture of the region at the time, but also carefully documents and explains the processes of excavation and preservation involved. Many touch screens enable you to delve deeper into the details, such as the board game with glass beads from the region of what is today Syria. This was really an unexpected find for us.Written 19 August 2023
- This is right in the center of the Poprad city and it is quite well maintained. It has retained all the historical values.Written 6 September 2020
- The Tatras Electic Railways is a great way to get up into the mountains, whether for hiking, for skiing, or just enjoying the mountains. The trains are clean and run on time, and they are comfortable, even when they are full.Written 24 October 2021
- Although it looks big, the OC Max doesn't offer the same shopping experience as the Forum mall in Poprad.
Therefore, if you need to do some shopping, I recommend to go to the Forum, and not to the OC Max.Written 6 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Poprad
- The best outdoor activities in Poprad according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Poprad on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Poprad with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Poprad on Tripadvisor
Poprad Attractions Information