Tours near Nitra
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a castle up in a hill. The most important thing is the cathedral and the diocesan museum. The church is amazing, with stunning frescoes and many relics from different saints. Everything is well kept.Written 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great place for sunday walk, for picnic or just to watch the sunset, but the view is nowadays kinda ruined because of the jaguar&land rover industry park :(Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice play for coffebreake...I was till now only outside, because when outsude is sunny, is much more nice like inside... :-) Good place, fast service...! I can reccomend. They have also a lot of toys outside for the Kids... :-)Written 23 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful church up in one of Nitra's hill. The place is surrounded by trees and is really peaceful. The church is also nice, the entire place transmits peace and serenity.Written 10 August 2022
- A must visit statue at the foot of Nitra church, on the right hand side of the square. Really nicely made by a talented sculpture, who would not be happy to know his famous statue represents probally the worst tasting beer in the whole of Slovakia. Corgon!Written 22 January 2019
- Lovely cathedral with a tower. You can climb to the top but it is a lot of steps. The views from the top are spectacular. Back inside, you get a better view of the altar and interior if you pay for the timed lighting. No tours or information in English. Worth a visit - definitely.Written 5 September 2019
- It is a beautyful masterpiece of barocco from the time of Maria Theresia. It is located in the castle, therefore its visit can be combined with visit of Nitra Castle and related attractions. Good position in the historical city centre, good outlook and pleasant experience.Written 27 October 2016
- If you are visiting the castle, pop in and find out more about the history of the origins of Slovak language and also see some sacral artefactsWritten 18 May 2017
- Actually a very nice mall and it was busy every day. Good shopping, several coffee shops, bowling alley upstairs and more. We walked here each day and were surprised in that every day the mall was busy. For Americans, we found it very good people watchingWritten 14 March 2017
- Strolling back from the Nitra Castle, we fortuitously discovered this beautiful structure when 'Pri synagoge' street signpost caught our eye. As it was locked, we were unable to gain entry, but were touched by the simple, Moorish lines of the generously proportioned building.
While no longer an active place of worship - since the resident Jews met the same fate as most of the communities in Czechia during the Nazi occupation - it was appropriated by the city fathers, sympathetically restored and today serves both as a museum memorializing the lost community, as well as a public concert venue. There is also a memorial in the rear of the synagogue commemorating the city's Jewish victims of the Holocaust.Written 31 October 2017
- It took us over an hour to find the museum. Most people in Nitra could not direct us to this fascinating museum but finally we got there.
It is a very large open air museum with around 20.000 exhibits of agricultural equipment . machines, old tractors, lokomobils, aeroplanes, huge warehouses with exhibits of winery, bakery and many more. There is also an old school house, offices, stores
The place exist over 90 years.
I never saw such a quantity of items in a museum for rural life anywhere.-
Simply lovelyWritten 13 October 2014
- Located on the way to castle. Looks nice with flowers around in Summer. Take a nice photo with Prince and move towards the castleWritten 24 April 2019
- This sward is attraction point during your relax walk on this street. Is located near to some interesting points. Come and seeWritten 18 October 2017
- This church is very attractive from an architectural point of view.
Worth seeking out if that sort of thing interest you.Written 17 June 2017
- This church is good to clean your mind from hard moments of your life, is good to relax your soul and body..Written 18 October 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Nitra
Nitra Attractions Information