- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The caves themselves are awe-inspiring, offering a rare and incredible kind of beauty. An experience not to be missed.
At the time of my visit access was only possible on a guided tour, and there were only one or two tours per day. So you need to ensure that you arrive at the right time.Local buses are good but not very frequent and the timetables are difficult to understand, so seek guidance from your hotel or another local person. And be aware that from the road you have to walk 500 m up a very steep hill to reach the cave entrance, so allow time for this before the departure time of the tour you wish to join.
The commentary was given by a loud recording, and only in Slovak. I asked my guide for a summary in English but this was not possible. However, before entering the cave I had been given a piece of paper that gave an English summary of the commentary: be sure to use this during the tour.
The cave entrance is in a remote location and you can have a really enjoyable walk in the area while waiting for your bus back to town.Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The best part of this zoo are animal keepers. They are all young friendly people that love animals and tell you so many interesting facts about them. You think you know a lot about whatever animal, but you don't.
From the animals, guinea pigs were introverted due to covid time and no contact with people, and it was not possible to pet bears, tigers and lions, due to obvious reasons. But all the other animals that could be pet were so fluffy and friendly! I have created a memory by petting mama kangaroo that had a baby kangaroo next to her.
Most of the cafés at the zoo were closed at the beginning of May, probably it was not the season yet. I didn't like the miniatures of the buildings that are the park at the zoo much, but I think that the kids will love them.Written 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited Jasna resort area in August while on holidays in the area.
Plenty of kids facilities to stay busy all day. A lot of bar and reastaurant too if gets hungry.
Excellent cableway facility that brings up to Chopok peak (2000mt) with incredible view on the low Tatras chain. On top too there is plenty bar and restaurant.
great time in JasnaWritten 16 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice reservoir to spend some time at - and be sure visit the little chapel not far from Marina LiptovA very nice reservoir with Marina Liptov on one end that has a large sport complex and bar. Not far from this complex is the small chapel on the bank of the reservoir which is quaint and a must see. Easy to get to the chapel - just follow the road down past the Marina (where you can rent boats but we did not) and after the bend you will see the chapel. Try to park at the back of the chapel so your car won't be in the photo which you will take from the front of the chapel - most people thoughtfully did that. The sun sets behind you so if you want a stunning photo arrive for sunrise when the sun will be coming up from behind the chapel. Nice pebbled beach at the front of the chapel - calm water so swimming with children may be an option in summer. But I am sure this spot is quite busy in the summer months. Enjoy!Written 27 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I almost didn’t go to these after reading some of the reviews. My husband persuaded me they would be OK.
It was a bit of a hike up the hill, the parking was 7€ and the photo permission €10, but the actual entry of 8€ seemed pretty cheap compared to what we would pay at home!
Yes the tour was in Slovakian, but we downloaded English info before we went.
I was pretty concerned about the number of steps and narrowness mentioned in some reviews, but found most of the walk easy (I am not that young or that fit!). The climb up the stairs at the end was a bit tiring, but not unmanageable!
The caves were pretty interesting - our one complaint (if any) was that for €10 photo fee, a bit more time in some sections would have been good!Written 12 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Liptovsky Mikulas
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:
- The Treasures of Slovakian Mountains Full Day Private Tour from Krakow
- Biking Through the Beautiful Slovak National Parks
- Private One Day Escape to High and Low Tatras from Bratislava
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more nature & parks for children in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more nature & parks for couples in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more nature & parks for groups in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor