6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This cave is a natural wonder, a must-see attraction. We climbed up to the entrance and walked 1800m route with a guide. Unfortunately he spoke only in Slovakian. We climbed up and down 980 stairs for an hour, so you must wear sport shoes. The ticket costs 10 euro, only in cash!, but we saw lots of beautiful natural wonder, so it’s worth a visit!Written 15 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best part of this zoo are animal keepers. They are all young friendly people that love animals and tell you so many interesting facts about them. You think you know a lot about whatever animal, but you don't.
From the animals, guinea pigs were introverted due to covid time and no contact with people, and it was not possible to pet bears, tigers and lions, due to obvious reasons. But all the other animals that could be pet were so fluffy and friendly! I have created a memory by petting mama kangaroo that had a baby kangaroo next to her.
Most of the cafés at the zoo were closed at the beginning of May, probably it was not the season yet. I didn't like the miniatures of the buildings that are the park at the zoo much, but I think that the kids will love them.Written 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a trip there in August, so it was not crowded. The weather was sunny and clear. The cable lift took us to the mountain peak „Chopok”. There were lots of cafes, bars etc. there. We walked around and admired the breathtaking view.Written 15 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I almost didn’t go to these after reading some of the reviews. My husband persuaded me they would be OK.
It was a bit of a hike up the hill, the parking was 7€ and the photo permission €10, but the actual entry of 8€ seemed pretty cheap compared to what we would pay at home!
Yes the tour was in Slovakian, but we downloaded English info before we went.
I was pretty concerned about the number of steps and narrowness mentioned in some reviews, but found most of the walk easy (I am not that young or that fit!). The climb up the stairs at the end was a bit tiring, but not unmanageable!
The caves were pretty interesting - our one complaint (if any) was that for €10 photo fee, a bit more time in some sections would have been good!Written 12 September 2019
- Nice reservoir to spend some time at - and be sure visit the little chapel not far from Marina LiptovA very nice reservoir with Marina Liptov on one end that has a large sport complex and bar. Not far from this complex is the small chapel on the bank of the reservoir which is quaint and a must see. Easy to get to the chapel - just follow the road down past the Marina (where you can rent boats but we did not) and after the bend you will see the chapel. Try to park at the back of the chapel so your car won't be in the photo which you will take from the front of the chapel - most people thoughtfully did that. The sun sets behind you so if you want a stunning photo arrive for sunrise when the sun will be coming up from behind the chapel. Nice pebbled beach at the front of the chapel - calm water so swimming with children may be an option in summer. But I am sure this spot is quite busy in the summer months. Enjoy!Written 27 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Liptovsky Mikulas
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more nature & parks for couples in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more nature & parks for groups in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Liptovsky Mikulas on Tripadvisor