Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This cave is a natural wonder, a must-see attraction. We climbed up to the entrance and walked 1800m route with a guide. Unfortunately he spoke only in Slovakian. We climbed up and down 980 stairs for an hour, so you must wear sport shoes. The ticket costs 10 euro, only in cash!, but we saw lots of beautiful natural wonder, so it’s worth a visit!Written 15 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Seen through the eyes of a 4 year old, out of season, this was a brilliant day out. So many pools, lockers easy to use with your wrist band. Ice creams poolside, good food and friendly staff. 10 pools to play in, indoors and outdoors.
From an english-speaking adults perspective… brilliant facility, easy to navigate, happy staff, not too busy, everyone having fun. Loved it.Written 15 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best part of this zoo are animal keepers. They are all young friendly people that love animals and tell you so many interesting facts about them. You think you know a lot about whatever animal, but you don't.
From the animals, guinea pigs were introverted due to covid time and no contact with people, and it was not possible to pet bears, tigers and lions, due to obvious reasons. But all the other animals that could be pet were so fluffy and friendly! I have created a memory by petting mama kangaroo that had a baby kangaroo next to her.
Most of the cafés at the zoo were closed at the beginning of May, probably it was not the season yet. I didn't like the miniatures of the buildings that are the park at the zoo much, but I think that the kids will love them.Written 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a trip there in August, so it was not crowded. The weather was sunny and clear. The cable lift took us to the mountain peak „Chopok”. There were lots of cafes, bars etc. there. We walked around and admired the breathtaking view.Written 15 October 2022
- The best museum in Slovakia well worth visiting. Definitely value for money and a must see, not just once but more times. There is so much to read and see and the interior is modern, well kept.Written 5 June 2023
- Super, enjoy, crazy 😄 place where you can doing a lot of funny photos 😊 we was with small son and he was very pleasure with this program.Written 22 October 2023
- I almost didn’t go to these after reading some of the reviews. My husband persuaded me they would be OK.
It was a bit of a hike up the hill, the parking was 7€ and the photo permission €10, but the actual entry of 8€ seemed pretty cheap compared to what we would pay at home!
Yes the tour was in Slovakian, but we downloaded English info before we went.
I was pretty concerned about the number of steps and narrowness mentioned in some reviews, but found most of the walk easy (I am not that young or that fit!). The climb up the stairs at the end was a bit tiring, but not unmanageable!
The caves were pretty interesting - our one complaint (if any) was that for €10 photo fee, a bit more time in some sections would have been good!Written 12 September 2019
- What a surprise this was. We see the haunting remains of a huge synagogue in a small Slovak town. Anyone interested in Jewish heritage and visiting this region of Slovakia should visit this synagogue. It only requires a short visit, but it's certainly worth it.Written 5 September 2019
- Nice reservoir to spend some time at - and be sure visit the little chapel not far from Marina LiptovA very nice reservoir with Marina Liptov on one end that has a large sport complex and bar. Not far from this complex is the small chapel on the bank of the reservoir which is quaint and a must see. Easy to get to the chapel - just follow the road down past the Marina (where you can rent boats but we did not) and after the bend you will see the chapel. Try to park at the back of the chapel so your car won't be in the photo which you will take from the front of the chapel - most people thoughtfully did that. The sun sets behind you so if you want a stunning photo arrive for sunrise when the sun will be coming up from behind the chapel. Nice pebbled beach at the front of the chapel - calm water so swimming with children may be an option in summer. But I am sure this spot is quite busy in the summer months. Enjoy!Written 27 September 2019
- This Roman Catholic Church is located in the centre of the city, on the Main square. It was built about 1280 in Gothic style. It’s the oldest architectural masterpiece of Liptovsky Mikulas, and the largest early Gothic building in that area. We liked it outside and inside, it’s worth a visit.Written 15 October 2022
- We went , me my wife and our 10 year old son and our 6 years old daughter.
We spend there 3 hours and the kids had a great time. The place is not super sophisticated but kids don’t need much more to have fun.
The shows were nice and short. They even let our boy participating at a show without him understanding the local language.
I would recommend it .Written 26 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Liptovsky Mikulas
Liptovsky Mikulas Attractions Information