Top Attractions in Kosice
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Take a moment to study all sides carving from the outside walls, especially the once facing the park and the theater building.Written 6 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's one of the most magical cities, also considering I'm Slovak and go there yearly to visit relatives and close ones. You can visit the shopping centre, with a wide range of activities to do and even a daycare centre where you can take a break from children. There is incredible history, I must point out St. Elisabeth's cathedral. It's one of the biggest in the country and it dates back from maybe 300-400 years. There are plenty of sights to see, shops down the road and old tram tracks which were removed due to earthquakes happening. I suggest buying something traditional as a souvenir, although there are plenty of souvenir shops down the road. There are fountains, which play along with music in a specific pattern that looks satisfying. Behind that there is the State Theater which I've never been to, it looks quite old and many famous plays are played there. Crime is low, but you should keep personal items near you to prevent robbery. I suggest visiting Aida, which are establishments that sell Sweet Treats, Ice Cream and even fruit cups. They are very nice for reasonable prices.Written 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was the great. You can seat here and enjoy the music in front of the very nice building of the opera!Written 24 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited the place in August 2022, on Saturday. Around 16:00 pm, I got an entrance ticket from Box Office (the main door is closed). The woman in a desk was lovely, she speak Polish, Russian and English as well. I paid 6 euro (Miklus Prison + Memorial House of Rackoczi). She took us herself with a small group of people to the prison building and left their around 45 minutes. The exhibition began with 5 min video in English language where you get to know history of the prison and also some info about city walls. 45 minutes in prison and around 30 min in Rákóczi Memorial House is enough to finish your tour.Written 14 August 2022
- Visited this place with my family (8and 9 years old)
The zoo inside forest, so that’s great to walk between the paths The animals - ok. Nothing special.
Parking cost 2 euro.
Dino park is nice for kids.
Good family place.Written 17 August 2019
- Located in the pedestrian precinct of this beautiful city, close to the cathedral you come across this very interesting statue.Written 12 October 2022
- Theatre is located in the centre of Kosice. It has beautiful architecture. It is one of only two theatres in Slovakia, the other one being the National Theatre in Bratislava, to be home to opera, ballet as well as drama.Written 9 August 2020
- An impressive looking building located next to a bridge leading to the park. The train station is located on the other side of the park.Written 13 October 2022
- After an old-city walk and a good lunch we went to Hradova-hill to see the panorama. We drove there by car but the bus No 29 runs from the centre to View Tower (Vyhliadková veža) bus stop. We walked from the car park in the forest about 20-25 minutes. It’s easy but you should wear comfortable shoes. The tower is 21, 5 metres and on the top there’s 3 panoramic terrace. We were over the city and could see Kosice. The view was amazing, it’s worth to visit it.Written 18 July 2021
- A very nice location in a former industrial area. The burgers were tasty and the beer was great.
Staff was okay.Written 6 October 2019
- Nice but small shopping center in the middle of the city. There are enough shops and cafes (food court) for maybe 2 or 3 hours.Written 28 November 2019
- We visited the magnificent St Elizabeth Cathedral and behind it we saw this nice Chapel. It’s from 1380. In the past it was a cemetery chapel. It’s worth to visit this gothic St. Michael chapel and feel its special medieval atmosphere.Written 26 June 2021
- Great botanical garden, one of the best ones I've seen in central Europe. Right in the centre, the entrance is only 3€ for an adult and 1€ to be allowed to take pictures (they give you a pass).
The outside area could be a little more rich with flowers.
As a tip I would say that if you visit this place, make sure you have a bottle of water and very light clothing as the temperature in the greenhouses is unbelievably high and humid (to maintain exotic species).
I was wearing a jumper in April and felt like I'm gonna faint haha.Written 9 April 2018
- To get to the zoo you take the number 29 but outside of the train station, the journey is about 30 minutes and it is then a short walk to the Zoo’s entrance from there. When buying your tickets upon entry you can buy just a ticket for the zoo or a combined ticket zoo and dino park tickets. Buy the joint ticket or you will regret it. The zoo is like many, a large area to walk around looking at the animals as you go, it would be good if they started doing maps of what where to give to people upon entry. This year the was a new area for kids where they could walk on rope bridges a few feet of the ground and walking on beams. The Dino Park is half way into the zoo and has loads od large dinosaurs in the wooded area surrounding it, there is a play area for kids next to a cafe and a film showing twice an hours in 3D. The are loads of opportunities for taking pictures and it is a great day out.Written 10 August 2019
- This Gothic Bell Tower stands beside St,\. Elizabeth's Cathedral and is dedicated to St Urban the patron of vine-dressers. The tower was destroyed by a fire in 1966 and was rebuilt in 1971. The renovated bell sits in front of the tower. Sadly the tower was closed for the duration of our visit.Written 21 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kosice
Kosice Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 9:58 p.m.|