- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
69 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Walking down the street you see Cumil on the ground peering ,what is he doing there?it's a fun attraction and unusual to seeWritten 28 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This statue is near the main square so you do not need to go looking for it , surprisingly quite tall as I tried to fit my head under the hatWritten 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You will end up on the bench and have your picture taken - that much is certain. This and the manhole statue were two of the best. All are located in the central Old Town. Don’t get too relaxed on the bench - other tourists were waiting in line to have their pictures taken.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This statue was on the way as I passed by. I didn’t go looking for it but it was nice. I always thought Hans Christen Anderson was Dutch so I don’t know why it was hereWritten 11 June 2022
- Pur guide made this claim because there were about 6,000 graves next to the Danube River. As the river level rose, they moved all graves to higher ground except for 23 (one of which is Schreiber one of the famous Jewish Rabbis).Written 22 May 2019
- This was an impressive bronze sculpture on the climb to the castle. There was no sign to be found but took a pic anyway. I was grateful to discover her bavkstory on Trip Advisor!Written 16 September 2022
- Cool statue of a heralded king, well-seen from a few angles (whether you're looking at it from behind, and the Danube, UFO, and city are behind it; or you're looking at it head-on, and the castle is behind it).Written 8 September 2021
- What an impressive statue and what away to commemorate this man. The statue sits on the banks of the Danube close to the Eurovea shopping centre. It is huge statue of the man. Worth a visit.Written 17 September 2018
- This monument is a memorial commemorating the liberation of Bratislava by the Red Army on 4 April 1945, specifically by the forces of the 2nd Ukrainian Front in the Bratislava–Brno Offensive.
The monument features a pedestal of polished red granite in a triangular shape tapering at the top and forming a flat square area that has a sculpture of Victoria depicting walking uphill with her right hand outstretched and holding out an olive branch.
I like this monument for the way it has a sense of movement and expression of joy at the liberation of the city.Written 22 October 2019
- If you visit Devin Castle than you can't really miss this monument!
Dedicated to those who died in the area during the cold war/iron curtain era.
Interesting history is all around this area.Written 8 July 2022
- The story of this lion dates back to the time when Euro was introduced. Some people say it's one of the three largest lions in the world made of tyre material.Written 28 January 2020
- Large statue featuring someone not holding a weapon for once (as those statues seem plentiful in Bratislava). Yes, I know the statue is of a poet, so of course he'd be holding a pen, but it was noteworthy enough to make me chortle.Written 8 September 2021
- the statue is located near the river bank of the danube river.. the statue was built in rememberance of the man who introduce the slovak language to the people.Written 24 February 2020
- This is to remember that they gave up their currency for the euro.A good photo opportunity nothing much.Written 8 March 2019
- This is on one end of the town in a little square by the church. I didn’t get the statue. The topic is very sad and it seems like it’s a good idea to remember it but this was hard to understand.Written 17 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bratislava