- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a stunningly beautiful cinema. I haven't seen a film there but it was well worth visiting the café-bar. The whole place is spectacular, in Moorish style, superbly restored.Written 21 May 2022
- This visit was free with a Budapest card. We had read mixed reviews but decided to form our own opinion. It was definitely worth the visit. The show lasts about 15 minutes and provides an animated version of some of the history of Hungary.Written 18 May 2019
- A really cute cinema in the centre of Budapest. It offers a lot of Hungarian movies with English subtitles. Cosy. Loved it.Written 11 November 2018
- I was there to watch an art film. The staff is frirndly, the place is clean and warm. If you visit BP dont miss this little gem.Written 28 November 2019
- Classic famous cinema from early 20 th century. Wonderful decorated. One Main theater 2 smaller one and 2 private small roomsWritten 1 December 2019
- Very modern multiplex cinema in the heart of Budapest's Westend district,located on the top floor of a large shopping mall just behind the main railway station.
Pretty much laid out as UK multiplexes...but a lot cheaper..about 1720 huf which is roughly £4.75!! Very comfortable seating.We watched Ghost in the Shell which was in English but had Hungarian subtitles and as the screen was enormous the subtitles didn't distract from the film. A great cheap Sunday night at the flicks.Written 10 April 2017
- I visit the Allee unit several times a month, sometimes several times a week. Since I reached 64, I tried the retired ticket option. Sometimes I am told that over the age of 62, all I need is any kind of ID. Other times the teller refuses, saying that I need to be over 65. This is very humiliating; it kind of negates the attractiveness of the discount.
Also, tellers are not allowed to sell single tickets if there is another seat available next to the target seat. Single buyers are offered the worse seats, next to the wall, etc. even if the purchase is made minutes after the movie started, and the better seats remain unsold.
Truly a negative experience, will favor other theaters whenever possible. Maybe that's purpose behind the agenda anyway, to drive away single/retired ticket buyers?Written 28 January 2019
- The title is a game with the words. Sugar means beam in English, but we also can read "sugar" as an English word.
The cinema is located on Örs Vezér square, in Sugar Shopping Center. Sugarmozi has four large and four studio rooms.
It is easily accessible by Metro 2. It is at the last stop.
When I looked around in the mall, and I took some photo, a security guard approached me, and warned, that photography is prohibited there. So, all my photos are illegal. Some little excitement was a blessing since the movie that I have seen was boring. Of course, I can’t blame the movie theater because of it; it was my wrong choice. The cinema has comfortable seats, good view of the screen and the acoustics are appropriate.
If you feel ready to travel till the end of the metro line to see a movie, Sugar Cinema is your place.Written 3 January 2018
- The crowds at major cinemas isn't my thing, so I was happy to find Taban artmozi – an independent, art-movie cinema off the beaten track – in Budapest. Quite the gem, especially their selection of indie and art-house films. You can enjoy some drinks and a bite beforehand, before going into the theatre, which boasts a screen for an intimate audience. When I visited, there was a panel discussion with the filmmakers afterwards. Bonus!Written 21 May 2017
- The cinema theatre is OK, but ridiculous, no ice available for Pepsi, Fanta etc. Always very long lines also.Written 12 September 2018
- Two years ago the Turkish Cinema Pink bought three Hungarian movie theatres, including Mammoth Cinema.For the same ticket prices they provide the newest technology, and in the five chambers now are less sitings, but more comfortable.The seats are 70 cm wide, with145 cm leg room, which is much bigger than normal.The leather armchairs are very comfortable, and for couples there are the love seats. In the first two lower-placed rows have tilt-adjustable armchairs, just like in business class in an airplane The popcorn on the floor can be an issue, since nearly everyone is carrying a big box of it, and some of it ends on the floor. When the movie finished a staff member immediately started to clean it up, but I didn't check how effective she was.
The excellent quality picture was provided by the Sony 4K projectors, and the sound was clear thanks to the Dolby Atmos 360 sound system with JBL speakers. I'm not an expert in the technical equipment of cinemas, but I read an article about the new movie theatre and the info comes from there. The comfort of the seats, however, is my own experience. I brought my grandchildren to watch Shazam! which is not exactly my world, but on the other hand,I slept magnificently in the extra comfortable armchair.
Next time I try to see something that is more suitable for my taste.Written 2 May 2019