291 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 291
What travellers are saying
- Sestri Levante is the perfect city from which to launch trips throughout Cinque Terre. The promenade along the sea is studded with palm trees. The sea is to the west, restaurants to the east. Have a late dinner and watch the sun set over the Ligurian sea. From here, walk farther east to the city center, or the tourist center. Wonderful shops - pasticcerie, panifici, boutiques, restaurants, barres - line the streets. Try the Turin Trattoria. The food is typically, perfectly Ligurian.
Keep walking south to the large white church on the hill, turn east, and find the beautiful, tranquil Bay of Silence. Stop at one of the barres on the bay. Have an aperitivo, maybe an Alpero spritz. On another evening, go to the hotel vis a vis, an easy walk from the Bay. First make a reservation for a terrace seat. Don't have dinner first! You will be served a full plate of appertizers with your aperitivo.
Locate the train station. It's a short walk from the tourist district. From the train station, you can travel to one or all of the Cinque Terre. Purchase a "hop on, hop off" ticket, which allows you up to two days to travel to the five cities. Or plan to travel to one of the many other beautiful seaside cities like Rapalla, or Chiavare. If you are energetic, you can walk from one of the Cinque Terre to another. A companion and I hiked from Corniglia to Vernazze - which is the opposite direction from the usual. This enabled us to descend more than ascend. The views were breathtaking. Dinner by the sea in Vernazze was the perfect ending to a glorious day.Written 20 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- beautiful beach ..safe and enjoyable.During the week not too busy before lunchtime.weekend get there before 10:00. no services there but nice snorkling and easy to get into.Written 27 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to relax... Sandy Beach with clean water... Avoid the over crowded August and beware the parking penalty. I suggest not to drive but take bus nr 4 from Sabine and finale ligureWritten 28 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach stretches along the front of the town like a Riviera city. The beach is mainly stones and dirt - no white sands here. There are a ton of cafes, deck chairs, umbrellas and changing sheds all along its length ending at Il Gigante where a private club is located. When we were there the water was choppy and not a lot of good swimming options but it was sunny and warm and plenty to see around the area.Written 17 September 2022
- Very nice place for family and everyone wanna relax situated in the main square of finale that beach is for sure the best one in townWritten 23 June 2021
- We Loved Levanto Beach. Once you have been down to the beach, had a walk along the bay. You will soon find out that most of the beach is owned. We went down to a couple of places and they all wanted about £33 euros to have a sunbed on there bit of beach. No way would we pay that. The beaches that you pay for are not good for swimmers, as its so rocky. We watched people trying to get in the water and promptly give up. However there are free places along the beach, you just have to find them, and they have no big stones.Written 15 November 2023
- Nice beach close to Rapallo. We used sunbeds but there is also a pretty big public beach in the area. Good value for money and great surroundings!Written 7 August 2019
- This Bagni is really nice, the straff is supernice, the food and drinks are really good and the beach is perfect. Good value for your money at this Bagni. I really recommend it!
The staff var so helpful with everything, and recommended places to go and see in Finale.Written 10 September 2019
- Excellent personal attention by management, best beach to visit in Finale Ligure.
Service includes drinks and snacks under beach umbrella by simple app request.
Restaurant serves nice and light meals.
Covid hygiene is very well organized by regulating maximum people allowed on the beach premises.
Pre reservation by telephone recommended, especially on Saturdays and Sundays in June, July and August.Written 25 June 2021
- we went here in may, weather was alright a bit windy. but its a nice little town, yo can walk along the beach and reach the next town, it has some nice restaurants but in may not much open yet except a lot of ice cream places. the beach is wide spread and clean.Written 8 March 2018
- We had a very nice and quiet evening at the beach restaurant and we stayed at the beach in the morning. Very clean, excellent services and nice music. We will definitely come back and further enjoy..Written 28 June 2020
- Dog people swimming with their dogs. A great idea. The beach is clean and well-kept. Chairs are comfortable, umbrellas large. There is a beach bar for snacks, with a seated area for dining. Altogether so pleasant to be able to bring the dog with us. He loved it.Written 13 September 2018
- I was staying in Portofino and wanted to go to this beach. Take the bus for 3 Euros. Local taxi wanted 40 euros to drive 7 mins up the road. I was going to walk but so hot. The bay itself is gorgeous and clean as is the beach. Be prepared, however, bc beach chairs range from 170-240 euros. Get there early to reserve your chairs . Local restaurants deriving good/drinks all around the bay. Cute shops in the middle ( one sold floats!)Written 23 July 2022
- Very nice sea, with crystal blue water. During summer months (especially August) it's too crowded by tourists though, so it's better to go in months like June or september. There is no sand but tiny round rocks instead.Written 18 July 2021
- We were at reasonably high tide, but there was still enough beach for people. They beach is sandy with some rocks, which were good for lying on, and it was quiet and not too busy. Waves at the beach were good. Was about 20-25 minute walk from the train station, and worth it at the endWritten 21 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Liguria
- These are the best hidden gems for beaches in Liguria:See more hidden gem beaches in Liguria on Tripadvisor