7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The parking area near Linnanpuisto Park was already full at around 11:30 am when I got there by car, but luckily there were spaces available along the street. However, after the visit at around 2 pm it seemed that most of the nearby spaces around the area were filled.
The castle and the surrounding complex were quite impressive. The base of the castle's massive structures are mostly large gray stones, and the upper parts are built with red bricks which apparently was rare choice for a construction work like this in the medieval times.
Most of the floors and passageways that are open to the visitors were easy and safe to walk. In the inner yard there are heavy wooden doors you can use to access the chambers and the balcony walkway – just close the door after stepping through.
The ticket included a 45-minute tour but it only covered parts of the castle and its towers. During the tour the guide shared curious tidbits about everyday life back in the old days, and explained historic details of the castle. Afterwards, there were many places left to explore and artifacts to examine at your own pace.
Strong recommendation to visit, and also to participate in the guided tour (but do check availability and languages beforehand).Written 3 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the train from Helsinki while visiting on a cruise. The atmosphere, music-to-visit-by, informative English story boards gave us a snapshot of Sibelius’ early life. So glad we took the trip to visit, the lady attendant was charming and informativeWritten 23 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My initial plan in Hämeenlinna was just to visit the Häme Castle but at the ticket office I realized I had an hour to spend before the next scheduled castle tour, so I decided to get the combined ticket (19 euros) to check out the Military museum next door as well. I thought some 30–45 minutes would suffice in the museum, but it turned out I had to come back later to see the rest of the exhibition after the castle tour.
The museum boasted a generous collection of modern and historic military weapons, equipment, vehicles, and other paraphernalia (medals in particular,) spread out on three floors of the main building, and also in an outdoor exhibition area. The items were presented with plentiful information in form of multimedia displays, photos, and texts.
The area can be explored unguided, and it offers things to examine for several hours for those wanting a deep-dive into military history of Finland. There is also a cafeteria and a souvenir shop, as usual.Written 3 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love it. Amazing place for a walk in the woods with lots of hidden things to find.
Went on a family walk for a few hours in the sun and it was much more than we expected.
Highly recommended. Will go again.Written 22 May 2022
- Intresting place to see. Almost got me 😂
There could be more doors open the cells.
It’s nice to be free...Written 8 August 2021
- EVO has a large number of hiking trails of varying distances that caters for every need - from short distances to really long ones. Most of these take the hiker through the Finnish woods along lakes and over ridges through breathtaking nature scenes. This is an experience not to be missed! Strongly recommended, especially in the summer months!Written 9 September 2019
- This wine bar was so perfect in every way. The detail, service, selection and cozy atmosphere were on point. It has inspired me to come home and try more wines. This is a must stop in Hameenlinna. It’s my aunts favorite bar and we even went back twice.Written 27 October 2021