- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Most beautiful course in Finland. Always in great shape. Greens are very quick and also always in great shape.Written 20 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful 18 hole course with varied elevations and terrain. In very good condition and a treat to play. The food in the clubhouse was reasonably priced and excellent! We found the greens fees to be very reasonable also. Recommend highly!Written 15 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tawast Golf is the oldest 18 hole course in Haemeenlinna area. It is built on the land areas of Katinen Manor. The club house is one of the old stables of the manor and it is very fascinating.
The course itself is partly under step-by-step renovation and was halfly done on summer 2012. The course is very beautiful by its nature. One can not say if Tawast is a park course; field course it is definitely not.
Prices are very reasonable. The only negative thing is that while the course is the most popular one in the area, there is sometimes problems getting tee off times.Written 25 February 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We rented two double kayaks.
In addtion to basics equipments also waterproof pockets for keys and phones were offered, you don't need your own.
We started from rental place and went to Mierola Bridge Cafe, about 5,5kms one way. Took us 1,5hrs/way when kayaking with doubles and had kids with us.
There is a shower room in the rental area where you can change clothes afterwards.Written 3 August 2020
- We visited the park with two kids (11 and 5). There was a lot of controversy regarding the park when it was built, as some said that it destroys the beautiful Aulanko scenery and harms the trees. I find it fits into the scenery perfectly and makes the Aulanko park more interesting. According to the owners, the adventure trails have been built on living trees without harming them. There are different tasks such as ropeways, swaying paths, liana jumps, swings and zip lines.
The 1st trail of the adventure park is dedicated to kids under 120 cm and I thought my son (5 years and 111 cm) would be content with that. Quite the contrary, after that first trail he was hungry for more and did three more trails. Even though they are meant for people over 120 cm, he managed just fine and loved every bit of it. Kids under 7 years must of course be accompanied by an adult. Our 3-year-old was interested in climbing but when the helmet and the harness should have been put on, she ran the other way.
The pricing is a bit steep as the price is the same for adults and kids over 7 years, but then again, kids under 7 years can explore free of charge.
This park is a bit smaller and the trails are not quite as challenging as in the Flow Park in Ahvenisto, so perhaps it is a good place to start and there are definitely great trails for children.
Bring your own gloves and make sure that they are sturdy ones. You can also buy some at the park if you forgot yours at home.
There is a miniature golf course and a playground right next to the park, so there are alternatives in case everyone does not feel like climbing or if there are smaller kids in the group.Written 7 July 2017
- Ahvenisto Race Track is worth visiting for anyone who enjoys driving. First of all: the shape of the track has remain the same for more than 50 years, second: the track is considered to be the miniature Nurburgring in the North, meaning that it is challenging and has a lot of altitude differences, thirdly it is affordable to rent or drive on open track events - as long as you stay between the white lines, since the fender benders with the track fences gets easily expensive for your car. However, any event at Ahvenisto Race Track is worth visiting while in Finland.Written 28 August 2018
- We booked a half day tour costing £82 each and on the whole it was very good.
This included entrance to the ice bar with husky ride and entrance to Rock Church.
We were picked up on time and taken to the Amazing Winter Wonderland ice bar first thing so we were the only group there and had time to enjoy it.
The guide gave informative information and facts about Finland whilst we were on the bus. We did a photo stop at the lovely Senate Square and the Cathedral then were taken to the Rock Church and given some time to look round.
The only reason I did not give an excellent is that when we stopped for rock church we had 5-10 min walk there which was fine but the guide had gone before we had even got off the bus leaving us to ask a passer by where it was.Written 30 May 2018