Top Attractions in Modra
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Family oriented, very cosy and still professional and delicious. Highly recommended and be ready that you will return home with some bottles🙂Written 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- it is a small hiking but reward for exertion is beautiful view overall. if you have fear of hight you will notify nodding in the windWritten 9 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had the pleasure of visiting Slovakia and before leaving Canada I was looking for a winery experience for my lovely wife. After reading reviews about Fedor Malik and sons I emailed Malik Jr. and make an appointment. From Bratislava it was an easy bus trip from the main station and the bus stops literally in front of their new tasting room in the town of Modra. We had some time before so spent a few hours wandering the town and exploring its great history,from old churches to very old town walls.
The tasting itself was the epitome of relaxed and casual. Malik Jr. arrived looking very much the dedicated owner with dirt on his boots and work clothes on. Perfect!!
I am not the wine person between my wife and I but the entire time was a blast.
There was no shortage of varieties to sample. His young sons were dispatched to collect some delightful bread,cheese,and meats to accompany everything.
He showed us his new building in its working state with renovations still ongoing.
We tried some delicious sparkling wine opened with no sword but a small axe. Truly a working man's operation. The big boss and founder Malik Sr. dropped by and he was a delight to meet. We brought some chocolate treats all the way from Canada's west coast in hopes we could meet the "professor" and we were not disappointed.
An easy and cheap bus ride from Bratislava is recommended so all can partake in the very healthy pours from each bottle.
An absolute must to visit when travel becomes easier hopefully soon.
We actually visited in August of 2019 but this date wasn't available to be listed on the review.Written 28 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited Zoya before eating in the restaurant at Elesko. What a fantastic space and exhibition. Highly recommend the galleryWritten 6 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were told that Modra is famous for two things – wine making and ceramic art. We landed in Modra riding a bus from Bratislava. We did not know how to get to the winery or to the ceramic museum. As luck would have it, we met a local man, Branko Bartos in a restaurant, who helped us order our food, since the owner could not speak English. In chatting with Branko, we came to know that he was born and brought up in Modra with a few years’ stint in the US. It was his day off and he offered to take us around. He knew EVERYONE in Modra. If not for Branko, we would not know how to get around since there are no English signs anywhere. He took us to the ceramics museum. The art work by the craftsman, Ignác Bizmayer must be seen to be believed. The museum does not charge any entry fee. (In other European museums you pay a minimum of 12 Euros per person !!!). The exhibits are laid out in a silo like building and depict the village life and nativity scenes. The colours were captivating and the attention to detail was simply amazing. In an adjacent building, there are more contemporary pieces which are equally amazing. This is a must see in Modra.
We were so impressed with Branko that we took his contact details in case someone else needs a guide around Modra. His email id is email@example.com and his cell phone number is 00421 (0) 903 549 058. While Branko does not do this for a living, he is good at it and we asked for his permission to put these details for anyone else who may need help in Modra.Written 4 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- These monuments (Statue of Ľudovít Štúr etc.) are situated in the middle of centre. There is a large parking lot, but it is not always free. Near you can visit Museum of Ľudovít Štúr or Upper Gate.Written 17 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The church is nice decorated with several altars. Except of the time of Holy Mass is usually closed. If you are lucky, you could enter and pray for the reason you feel and this place allow you to come closer to our LordWritten 9 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Architecturally very interesting landmark, and we'll maintained, has a small park with benches and statue in the front on main Street.Written 19 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Small information center right on main square in Modra. Heplfull staff and lot of information which you want.Written 23 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolutely fantastic evening in the town of Sv Jur. Our guide, Martina, was very knowledgeable, organised, and funny. She has taken us to some most beautiful wine cellars in the town and introduced us to their enthusiastic young owners. Thank you so much!Written 25 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.