Top Attractions in Thap Put
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We went to this temple as a part of the 3 temple tour, it situated high up in the mountains and has a beautiful view of the James’s Bond island and views of the hills.
The temple it self was a small walk up from the car park, shoes are left outside and the temple itself was small but so peaceful and tranquil. They guide tools us around the temple and explained everything about it. It was lovely.
The grounds are beautiful too and the views from the top are amazing. It was really nice walking through the grounds. From the top you can see a couple of other big statues that are just amazing. Unfortunately when we went they had work going on to the temple so was covered in scaffolding which meant we didn’t get to see it in it’s full splendid state however it was beautiful even like that.Written 27 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walk vs taking the boat (cost 200bhat each one way). That way u save money and get to see views of the coast that you wouldn't get if you boat.
Best time to reach at 10am for optimum time for sun rays.Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place a little far away from Phuket. We visited it when we were driving from Phuket to Krabi. It is about 10Ks from the main highway 4. The temple is on a mountain and the climb is pretty steep. Not many people. We were the only family at the temple for about 30 mins before another group came in.
They charge 20bahts per person and do not allow people wearing shorts. So I had to rent a pant for another 20baht. On one side of the temple, the view of the mountain is beautiful and you can see a golden buddha being constructed on the other hill.Written 8 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Thap Put
- The best day trips from Thap Put according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Temples Tour in Thailand
- Private: Three Amazing Temples Tour - Khao Lak
- Full Day Khao Sok National Park Tour from Krabi with Lunch