- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Locted near Doolin (must visit!) this is a very nice excursion. Wearing your hard hat helmet to go deep under groud, the guide teling the interesting history of the cave the land and the stalactitesWritten 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This amazing hike started off with phone calls with Mr. Pat Sweeney. He is patient, gracious, and the reason why we chose to spend our time away from a day at Dromoland Castle (where the rest of our 90 person group was doing other things). We taxied roughly an hour to get to Doolin and O'Connor's Pub after checking in with Pat that morning to ensure the walk would happen (only cancels due to wind, rain, or fog). We were blessed with incredibly good weather (as the pictures will show!).
First off, this is the kind of walking tour I like - one that starts and ends at a pub. The food at O' Connors was well worth the lunch we had (and cider we drank) after our roughly four hours together.
A few notes about the walk: it is an easy hike, but it is also a trail hike and that means you should always have sturdy shoes. Beware of the fact that you really ARE going to be an arm's length away from the edge at times (I'm not great with heights), and you really do need to pay attention to Pat and what you're doing. Pat has long legs and can do this hike in his sleep. That means if you want to be able to hear him (when we're not stopped and he's able to speak to the entire group - he does have great vocal projection), you'll need to do your best to keep up with him, which was problematic for a lot of the group. Also, we had sort of an expectation of being the only ones that day (our group was 11 and there were 19 of us in total), so it was impossible for everyone to be near him regardless of desire. There are also times that you will have to go over a small fence or three (literally step up, flip a leg over sort of thing), but for those in our group that needed a little extra time, I know there was some disappointment at the pace. That being said, we were on the go for nearly four hours - if you don't set a decent pace, you'll be out there all dang day. Also, IF you can do the hike as "the down hike" instead of how it is listed on the website (actually results in an 'up' hike), ask Pat. It was gentler and appreciated. It was also a by-product of unexpected events with the local school and taxi schedule.
There is another Doolin Cliff Walk fellow that you can find if you google. He's probably the one you want if you want to talk geology and paleontology. We wanted the gentleman whose family has owned and operated farmland for five generations that we would be walking through and next to (coming from the midwest) and we were not disappointed. There are 450 acres of beautiful grounds at Dromoland Castle and plenty of activities. Our group - even those who had never been to Ireland before - did not regret missing that time at Dromoland for the cliff walk. It is a memory we will always treasure (and be sure to get ice cream two doors down from O'Connor's at the ice cream shop!).
THANK YOU, Pat, for what you do and are doing for your community, your town, and for your family. We are so very thankful for your time, wisdom, guidance, stories, and charming grin.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Shopped online today in Irish Crafts and really pleased with my purchases. Natalie was hugely helpful, thank you so much. Its great to be able to shop in smaller businesses on line and support Irish designers. Looking forward to visiting you in Doolin soon.Written 9 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.