- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Locted near Doolin (must visit!) this is a very nice excursion. Wearing your hard hat helmet to go deep under groud, the guide teling the interesting history of the cave the land and the stalactitesWritten 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Patrick was great at communication prior to booking and met me and a fellow kayak client at the appointed time and place in Ballyvaughan with all the equipment needed and some really decent sea kayaks. The whole experience was efficient but laid back - no pressure when getting into the wetsuit, for instance. There was a little cubby for storing snacks etc in the kayak and Patrick looked like he was well equiped with safety kit. He had good knowledge of the bay, tides and sandbars and shared lots of information about how to paddle, about the bay, the Martello tower and various types of wildlife and was a genuinely friendly guy. I had a really great morning and will definitely book again if ever in the area again. We paddled out across the bay and then jumped out for a leg stretch and dig around in the seaweed/rocks to see if we could find anything interesting. Patrick is skilled in matching the experience to the guests' fitness and paddle ability and I think he would be great with total beginners and those who may feel nervous, as well as those up for more of a hardcore adventure (should the group be suited!).Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My favorite experience in doolin! It was a very nice experience meeting such talented poeple and seeing how much music means to them! The history behind the music is very interesting, and some sad moments that make you appreciate how far the Irish have come.
They played very beautifully!
My son had found a small instrument earlier that day at a thrift shop and took it with him to show them. When he showed Chris the instrument he asked my son to join them for a session! My son was soo stoked and the other guests really enjoyed seeing that wholesome experience.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great food. Good to see vegan choices on the menu. Lovely atmosphere, very polite helpful staff. Would definitely revisit.Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Shopped online today in Irish Crafts and really pleased with my purchases. Natalie was hugely helpful, thank you so much. Its great to be able to shop in smaller businesses on line and support Irish designers. Looking forward to visiting you in Doolin soon.Written 9 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My husband and I agree, the best decision we made about our trip to Ireland was hiring Jonathan! It was like having a friend show you around the country!
We hired Jonathan as a private driver for 6 days while visiting Ireland last week. I connected with Jonathan a few months before our trip and shared all of the sites that I wanted to see and after a few emails back and forth, and with his input, the itinerary was finalized. And while Jonathan was not a tour guide, he did have a vast knowledge about where we were going...and his restaurant suggestions were amazing!
We were driven in a new 7 series BMW that was extremely comfortable. My husband often nodded off he was so relaxed! We both said that there were times where we know we would have ended up on the wrong side of the road if we were driving ourselves!
Having a private driver adds so much flexibility to the trip. One day it rained and so Jonathan suggested we check out a nearby attraction that was warm and dry! Another time I had a second castle on the itinerary and he suggested that since I like the gardens and grounds more than the castles themselves that we check out some gardens close by (Muckross House) and we LOVED them.
I cannot recommend Jonathan highly enough. When we return to Ireland again we will absolutely call him and tour more of the country with him!Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stopped in this shop on our way to the Cliffs of Moher. We stopped at a local pub Doolin before heading over to the cliffs and our coach driver suggested that if we had time after our meal, we should check out the little chocolate shop next door. We are so glad we stopped in here! The lady working in the shop was very welcoming and friendly. We had a hard time deciding what we wanted because there was so much to choose from! The prices were very reasonable as well. There is a minimum amount you must spend if you wanted to pay on a credit card (€10) so just be mindful about that. We purchased six different flavors of fudge and none of them were a disappointment! We highly recommend the Irish Cream Liqueur and Cappuccino fudge flavors. The fudge was very fresh and flavorful. This shop will not disappoint! If you are in Doolin, this place is a must!Written 17 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great little shop with an incredible selection of jams, marmaldes, mustards and chutneys. Location is truly unique in one of the most beautiful locations. Very warm service and an overall great experience. A must visit for anyone in the area :)Written 2 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.