- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The family connections. The location. The views. The price. The rather modern interpretation of the site.Written 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Boyle vault. We were in Doneraile Court and our guide Mags told us of how At Leger, Boyle, O Brien & Barry families were interrelated. We said we were going east and Mags said St Mary's in Youghal is a must.Written 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 'Please look after these walls before its too late.
The Town Walls are in need of a lot of TLC. Appparently the person in charge doesn't think that clearing the huge stinking piles of garden rubbish dumped from nearby residents is worth shifting so the appearance of the Historic Listed walls is really bad. The rusty scaffolding and fencing with trees growing inside is also not a credit to the caretaker of the walls. The access gates through the Sally Walls were closed for 3 years until the person in charge was challenged about the decision to keep them closed. The steps up to the walls are in urgent need of repair at the bottom from Ashe Street and they also need cleaning because when wet the green moss makes them dangerous. Signposting to the walls is also missing at the top of the steps. Apart from that, they are pretty impressive but in parts in danger of collapse because of all the Russian Vine which has been allowed to climb over the wall unchecked.Written 26 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Old but beautiful, lovely people and a lovely day out, had a few drinks in the bar, very exciting night out.Written 25 May 2023
- Such a wonderful thing to do when visiting Youghal. Tony made the trip so memorable with his history of the area and his funny stories. The scenery along the blackwater river is stunning with lush forest, calm waters, old ruins and a fascinating manor house.Written 29 June 2023