- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- great experience and breathtaking landscape, better than Moher Cliffs. Easy access from Kilkee, just follow the signs for scenic route. a few kilometers worth a trip to Ireland's west coastWritten 24 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely place to swim, especially to snorkel in at low tide. The water is so buoyant that it's easy to float. Lunch at the Diamond cafe afterwards to complete the day!Written 27 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The lighthouse was closed due to Covid.
However we were enchanted by the walk around and the history of the place.
Loop Head is so well worth a days visit and here is another lovely stop off on the journey. Get out of you car, walk and enjoy the bracing air and beautiful views.Written 5 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited kilkee this week, we had a fabulous experience, weather made it, my daughter got stung by a weever fish on Thursday. The lifeguards on duty were exceptional, they came to our aid, were so professional & reassuring.... They are so much more than lifeguards. I can't speak highly enough of them. They are a credit to themselves and to Clare County Council.Written 13 August 2022
- For as long as I can remember if you are from limerick you either went to bally bunion in kerry or kilkee Co Clarke on summer holidays. For me and my 2 sisters 6 brothers mum and dad it was always kilkee and now I do it with my kids and even this week year my brothers and sisters all got together again to enjoy kilkee at its best in glorious sunshine with the crystal clear water. Kilkee has been awarded Blue flags for years as it is possibly one of the most safest around. Great night life in kilkee with lots of b and bs and hotel's. I love it and will continue to swim there all year round for a long time to come.Written 4 September 2018
- Had a lovely evening Kayaking on the River Shannon, great to see the city from the River. Really enjoyed the historical info & games with our instructor Jason. Will definitely be back again!Written 13 September 2022
- Our Walking Club had a wonderfu loop walk, from Kilkee to Cusheen with Martin, last Saturday. Absolutely amazing coastal walk - Cliff formations are spectacular. We could see The Aran Islands in the distance. However, it was Martin's local knowledge & stories that were 'the icing in the cake'.Written 27 September 2022
- Decent road to drive and plenty of things to see, ruined castles, churches, harbour views, lighthouses and the cliffs heading back to Kilkee. We took the road from Kilrush and turned off on Lisgreen to Carigaholt which is a great spot for food and to book a trip out to see the dolphins from the harbour.Written 9 August 2019
- Carmen caters for all riding ability and can adjust your time at her stables to make sure you get the most out of your visit whether that trekking or going to the next stage in your horse riding ability- well worth a visit- runs year roundWritten 15 June 2019
- We used Emerald Irish Tours and were fortunate to have been connected with our tour guide, Gerry Linnane, who was absolutely fantastic. We highly recommend you request Gerry Linnane as your tour guide if you are planning a vacation to Ireland.
When my wife and I first started planning our trip to Ireland we knew we wanted to see, the Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry and the Teeling Whiskey Distillery in Dublin (it’s the first whiskey distillery that’s been constructed in Ireland in over 125 years and they have an impressive 24-year old single malt that won 2019 WORLD’S Best Whisky). We were not sure if we wanted to rent a car, or hire a professional driver. Thank God we hired Gerry! He was with us every step of the way, always thinking 10 steps ahead and always going above and beyond expectations. Gerry and his team were able to fill in all the gaps for us by including several other amazing places to visit during our 6-day vacation in Ireland which totally enriched our overall experience and love for the country.
From the moment Gerry picked us up at Shannon Airport he was extremely polite and professional. We could clearly tell he was an experienced tour guide - this was definitely not his first rodeo. The moment we hit the road, it was clear he was an excellent driver, extremely knowledgeable of Ireland and willing to share as much as we wanted to learn about this beautiful country. Fortunately, our group really wanted to learn as much as possible about the history, food, culture, traditions, language, music, etc., and thanks to Gerry, boy did we! Gerry took us to unique local spots that we would have never known about on our own.
We had a wide range of ages in our family (from 18 to 76 years of age) and Gerry was very accommodating. Gerry always aimed to please weather he was stopping along our tour for us to have a bathroom break, taking a picture or two of our family with the backdrop of a dramatic scenic route, or stopping for a ”99” (which we quickly learned is a vanilla ice cream cone with a chocolate flake).
Gerry is a special man who we will never forget. He made our to trip to Ireland a wonderful and memorable family vacation for which we are forever grateful and we are confident he will do the same for you.
Miami, FloridaWritten 29 April 2019