- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- An amazing tour in an amazing place!! The guide was brilliant!! She, respectfully and enjoying, brought us in the world of Derek Hill
Gardens are very well kept and the view on the lake is absolutely gorgeous.Written 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely afternoon spent seeing a wide variety of animals. Our little boy loved seeing everything and the staff we encountered on our visit were all lovely and friendly. Very enthusiastic about their work and told us all about what the animals eat. Loved all the signs dotted around with random facts - some really interesting things to learn.Written 29 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a fantastic example of the history of the local area. The mill offers an insight in the cultivation, production & use of corn & flat, both key aspects of local life in the 19th & 20th century. I would recommend to friends. The tour guide, Clodagh, gave a great tour.Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Despite a good sized parking lot adjacent to the Cathedral, if you are not a local, you are best served to walk up. The surrounding streets and laneways are narrow and most only one-way. The building itself will guide you, it is easily seen by most, if not all of the town.
Once you arrive you are rewarded with a magnificent structure. The interior was not well lite, but still a beautiful sight. Take a moment, sit and soak in the history.Written 13 November 2022
- Visited the theatre on 11th November for The Lost Brothers concert. It was just a fantastic evening of beautiful music and the venue had strict Covid prevention procedures in place ie social distancing inside the theatre and inspection of Vaccination Certs and wearing of masks. Recommend it to everyone 🙂Written 13 November 2021
- Well worth a visit, this small museum is curated by friendly and helpful staff. There are a good range of exhibits for all the family to enjoy, particularly upstairs and the downstairs displays rotate regularly.Written 8 May 2019
- Wow. this is a great Centre full of History . It's open long hours . Easy to find . I liked it . Bring your Camera and son inquisitor mind . Take in the HistoryWritten 15 July 2018
- Food very. good staff courteous as was owner great team , who are compassionate and caring towards customers was our experience August 2023.
Our grand children had a great time.
A and P McQuadeWritten 15 August 2023
- Fantastic shop tucked away in Letterkenny. So many items from cds, dvds, books, collectibles and more, all very reasonably priced. Staff very friendly. Will definitely be back for more.Written 29 August 2023
- Ages ago, in the early 90s, i dropped in there by chance. I had 3 very entertaining nights with some students, from which i got some great tips to go to.
In 1991, i went to Letterkenny without any personal motion facility. I tried to travel the west coast by train and bus. What i found was the craic. (I still love Mary who ordered a second glass.) Taking the tips i went to Galway, meeting a guy in the recommended "The Quays", have been picked up there by a nice guy who took me to "Taylor's Bar" where i met my Galway girl.
In order to cut the long story short: Next year, same place, same craic. I went down to Westport then. With my car, found Liam with whom i had some kathartic days. Pitily my former Galway girl went to Belgium as Seamus told me.
In order to cut the story even shorter: Dropping into The Cottage Bar has been the initial spot to guide me down the west coast.
If i ever get the money to go to Ireland again i'll start at The Cottage Bar in Letterkenny.
Don't mind the given time. They don't give a bit of a chance to tell the truth which is 1991.Written 13 February 2023
- I visited McGinleys and had a brilliant time. Matthew Crampsey was singing and was excellent. Everyone was very friendlyWritten 7 July 2023
- Lovely atmosphere, very clean and relaxing. I went there with a few friends on Saturday the 17th June. To top the experience , Rebecca the bar lady kindly offered and drove us back to where we were stating. Top Donegal service.Written 19 June 2023
- Had an amazing, relaxing time today in the seascape spa. My daughter and I had a couple's all ove body massage and we both loved it the staff are so welcoming and are excellent at their job thank you so much for an excellent experienceWritten 10 September 2021
- A group of us attended this pub for a social
Evening.on arrival the barmaid was very
Friendly and very polite.
This is a nice cosy pub good atmosphere
If your in letterkenny pay them a visit.Written 8 October 2018
- Love this pub but always have to run the gauntlet of stinky nicotine fog on the way in and tonight people are smoking in the actual doorway so every time the door opens I have to take my inhaler (asthamtic). Make them go to the designated smoking area please !!!!!!Written 8 February 2020