13 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Came in here one evening for a quick drink before heading back to the hotel.
All I can say is wow! It was like stepping into someone’s living room. Atmosphere was so good and a nice roaring fire along with 3 men playing instruments in the corner , singing and generally adding to the traditional Ireland experience.
I love Ireland and this little pub just added to our trip here. Would love to visit again and will do when I’m over visiting relatives.Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited McGinleys and had a brilliant time. Matthew Crampsey was singing and was excellent. Everyone was very friendlyWritten 7 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely atmosphere, very clean and relaxing. I went there with a few friends on Saturday the 17th June. To top the experience , Rebecca the bar lady kindly offered and drove us back to where we were stating. Top Donegal service.Written 19 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I paid my first visit to voodoo on Saturday night we went to voodoo vintage I really enjoyed it was nice and relaxed you were given table service and it never got overly busy or rough. I would highly recommend itWritten 17 July 2016
- A group of us attended this pub for a social
Evening.on arrival the barmaid was very
Friendly and very polite.
This is a nice cosy pub good atmosphere
If your in letterkenny pay them a visit.Written 8 October 2018
- Cosy, ideal for new bands, maybe a little too hot - more air con needed for busy nights. Upstairs very modern but most people stay downstairs - lovely venue.Written 12 October 2014
- Lovely place to relax and have a nice drink.
Clean, friendly, great service.
There's also a wine bar/ disco in the back.
And, there's a small shop attached with ice cream, snacks and a small off license.
Owners are very friendly. Well worth a stop if you are in the area.
Churchill is a lovely village !!Written 20 August 2018
- Love this pub but always have to run the gauntlet of stinky nicotine fog on the way in and tonight people are smoking in the actual doorway so every time the door opens I have to take my inhaler (asthamtic). Make them go to the designated smoking area please !!!!!!Written 8 February 2020
- A wee gem. Brian and his staff are very welcoming. Had a great night all very friendly. Great for the other half to catch up with the rally family, Brian and Ciaran and the gang he hadn't seen since Donegal International. Excellent pub and great music will be back again. Thanks Brian and bar staff for the hospitality and a great night.Written 29 September 2019
- We have visited the Wolftone bar for years & have from the height of the troubles when it was a sanctuary for many at that time. I have had so many great nights there over this time & continue to visit when possible. However I6 family members visited on Sat night 22/7 & we were so disappointed at the attitude & rudeness of the two female bar staff. From the very first drinks order their attitude was rude & very unfriendly, we appeared to be a nuisance to them....this continued throughout the night. When one person in our group asked for a late drink he was refused by staff who contined to serve drink for "staff" and a select few others who I assume where "regulars" which is such poor customer service & just bad manners, unfortunately the bar Manager was unhelpful & did not appear interested. Thankfully the band saved the night & we danced & enjoyed the music. I just hope that poor management & staff are not the ruination of the Wolftone bar in the future as it would be a shame to see such a iconic place close like so many others!Written 24 July 2023
- Good food good atmosphere and friendly staff all under 1 roof 👌 children friendly and plenty of ice cream on hand to keep them happy 😊Written 3 April 2023
- This is my second visit at Voodoo and tje staff are lovely! The cocktails are to die for lol...Kelvin who served them was very plesant and helpful. 😎🍹🍸 ty Kelv.
Being a Sunday the Group where fabulous & involved you with songs etc. Great atmosphere.
I am bringing my troops down (15 of us) for a 50th...on 18th August this year and we will be at the voodoo to party!🍹🍸 so be nice to get a great welcome😆😉..
Bonus was it was only 5 min walk from our Hotel.
See you all soon guys in 2 weeks with the girls 18th_20th August and thank you.
Kimberley & Darren xxWritten 10 August 2017
- Bar staff need to engage a wee bit especially with someone on their own. And please don't ask "are you ok?" How about " hello, what will you have " Just make the place seem friendly.Written 12 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Letterkenny
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nightlife in Letterkenny:See more budget-friendly nightlife in Letterkenny on Tripadvisor