Nature & parks in Athlone
Top Parks & Nature Attractions in Athlone, Ireland
Nature & Parks in Athlone
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic day out, the animals are so well looked after, kids got a chance to be up close and pet them. loads of play areas and parks for children.Written 6 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Can’t praise this place highly enough. As a family with zero experience of horse riding we were nervous. 2 adults with 10 & 6 yr olds . Beautiful treck with great scenery but the staff are the real highlight. So attentive and caring towards the horses , chatted to our kids all the way round . So glad we did this . Any family looking for something to do together will not be disappointed.Written 25 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely walk that has a combination of river, canal and meadow walks.
An easy walking path that is 99% flat.
some of the areas of the walk were closed and no proper signage was put in place to know it. So bear in mind you might end up walking back in the same path rather than finishing the loop.Written 13 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had fab lunch staff were amazing, definitely will be back the food was delish great vibes! Anytime I pass through Athlone I will be stopping herebWritten 7 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Athlone
- These places are best for nature & parks in Athlone:
- Glendeer Pet Farm
- Fernhill Garden Centre
- Shannon Banks Nature Trail Walk
- Athlone Equestrian Centre
- Wolf Walks Ireland
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Athlone:See more nature & parks for children in Athlone on Tripadvisor