- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great fun, staff were great. Nice way to meet other people and have a laugh. Couldn't hear any of the tour though as there was a hen party who were worse for wear and constantly shouting. Limited seating too when the weather is bad.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fabulous asset to Athlone town , sorly missed over the summer months Justin was an absolute gentleman and the boat one of a kind , hope to see it back on the Shannon next summerWritten 25 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Would highly recommend! Was a lovely, relaxing way to spend the afternoon and the tour guide Timmy was fantastic.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Booked a boat for a day 10am to 6pm with these guys.
2 adults and 2 children (5 and 2).
From start to finish it was flawless. Unfortunately due to bad weather we had to push back by a week. Boat and times discussed over phone and we gave a deposit.
Arrived at 1030 and we were swiftly showen what to do and where to go. Life jackets on and we were brought to the boat for a talk through. We hit the water at 11am with a picnic in tow.
Went as far as the hodson bay for coffee and then on to athlone and back to cosson point for an hour to let the kids into the playground. When we got back we took a spin around the inner lakes. Boat back to marina at 520pm and we were sorted with the fuel bill (approx 30 euro) and in the car by 530 or so. Free on site parking too.
Absolutely fantastic day out, highly recommend it and we will be returning.
These guys are so so nice and they make it so easy.Written 15 August 2021
- From the moment we decided to book a boat for a week with Lough Ree Cruisers everything was excellent. Both Tom and Shane were more than helpful and nothing was too much bother for them.
The boats for hire are old but very well looked-after. They are perfect for a week on the Shannon and it's lakes. Anyone that we met had nothing but praise for the boat and it is so steady when getting on or off. The boats are great in the water, very little movement even on a fairly rough Lough Derg. We had a wonderful week cruising up and down the Shannon and we will be back. We couldn't fault the boat except for the possible need for a regular electricity outlet. Apart from that we loved it.Written 13 September 2020