Speciality Shops in Athlone
THE 5 BEST Athlone Gift & Speciality Shops
Gift & Speciality Shops in Athlone
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Penneys is what keeps golden island going. It's a great penneys.
Tescos isn't the best. Theres nice tescos in nearly towns.
Boots, elverys, Wallis and swamp are also good in hereWritten 29 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely craft shop with a great range of Irish handmade crafts. Very friendly helpful knowledgeable staff.Written 25 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful little quaint shop filled with high quality Irish craft products. I popped in to pick up a house warming gift but had an exact gift in mind, Katie was helpful beyond belief, and eventually sourced the product for me in what seemed like an impossible timeline! I ended up picking up a couple of other bits from the shop as there was so much there that caught my eye, will definitely have to call back! Incredibly personal service, and a soap filled with beautiful things, a must visit if you are in the Athlone area!Written 21 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I went out of our way to stop here. There was not an actual address but did have the town name. How hard could it be, right? Celtic Roots did not show up on our gps but off we went. In town there was a shop Tea Shop and Crafts, I think that was the name. I didn't want to ask there where to find another craft shop. It seemed to me a bit tacky. First day we went through the town and except for the above nada, zilch, nothing. We then continued on to Athlone. Next day the same passed through the town on the way to another site. Heading back to our hotel, being stubborn, we again found ourselves in Ballinahowen. This time I asked at the PO. I was then told what I was looking for was, in fact, the Tea Room and Craft Shop. No mention on Celtic Roots except on a side door which stated its hours . Yep, it closes at 5:00 it was then 5:05. I gave a 5 star rating because I peeked in the window and it looked super.Written 19 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This striking young petite brunette assistant was folding clothes, as I was stunned by her ravishingly petite figure this encouraged to ask her multiple questions about her workplace. As our conversation blossomed we began to flirt as her brown eyes seduced me I initiated that we go to the dressing room to foundle with each other but she respectfully declined. Therefore I walked away sadly in despairWritten 14 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Athlone
- These places are best for gift & speciality shops in Athlone:See more gift & speciality shops in Athlone on Tripadvisor