Visitor Centres • Speciality Museums
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Great place to spent a couple of hours
Really enjoyed walking around the great collection
Great service by owners
Would highly recommendWritten 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The wife loved it, and unusually for me, I liked it very much. Friendly and helpful staff, great views, good exhibitions, all-round a good experience.mWritten 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely brilliant place to visit for anyone. All the animals are so used to people and really friendly. When getting your ticket to enter the farm you receive a little bag of feed for the animals. A lot of the animals will come up to you and eat it out of your hand. We had our 2 year old with us. He had no bother letting the animals eat out of his hand and petting the animals. He biggest hassle we had was trying to get our son to leave.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Favourites were the slides and the obstacles, kids really loved them. Bring socks with grips. Great fun and well run. Showering and changing facilities could be better and family changing rooms an option?? Overall we would 100% return.Written 21 August 2023
- The interior of this church is very beautiful. It is worth visiting to see the columns, if nothing else. They are made of a gorgeuos green stone called Connemara marble, from an area northeast of Athlone. It's a real showcase for this unique geological material.Written 5 July 2023
- What a fabulous trek we had this week. Thanks to a fantastic team. The place is wonderful,everyone is so friendly. Its really well run and the horses and ponies are just beautiful and so well looked after. The shop on site is brilliant too we picked up some new riding clothes. Great prices and a big variety of stuff again the lady in the shop was so helpful and friendly. We will be back for sure next time we visit Athlone.Written 9 July 2023
- A lovely walk that has a combination of river, canal and meadow walks.
An easy walking path that is 99% flat.
some of the areas of the walk were closed and no proper signage was put in place to know it. So bear in mind you might end up walking back in the same path rather than finishing the loop.Written 13 March 2023
- Just had my best full irish ever. I'm a 45 Yr old Galwayman. Mushrooms, pudding, rashers, sausages (I don't eat eggs). Everything cooked to perfection. Recently in McNeen House, Blacklion, Cavan. Better fry, grill here than in Cavan. I'll be back!Written 8 September 2023
- Really enjoyed this bar/restaurant. We only stopped for a drink and nibbles. The waitress was so lovely and friendly and even though she was run off her feet she always had a smile on her face and ran around helping everyone. We had wings and chips and they were tasty. The variety of beers is impressive. Would recommend a visit.Written 4 November 2022
- Sean's Bar has a lively, friendly vibe in a rustic environment that's full of charm. Sean himself poured our pints and we got a cozy booth table to enjoy them. There's lots to look at on the walls for anyone interested in history, and some cool merch to bring home (even if your name isn't Sean).Written 22 September 2023
- The gallery is located on the river and the light pouring in through the glass lined corridor is stunning in itself.
The gallery features different local artists and is well worth a visit. Some beautiful thought provoking pieces on display.
Their is currently no admission charge.Written 6 October 2020
- A beautiful old cemetery with well preserved and maintained monastic ruins. Do not forget to stop at the well!Written 4 September 2022
- Nice clothing and homewares store that has a rich history in Athlone. There are some information boards down by the Shannon that explain some of the history of Burgess’s.Written 6 March 2020
- The karting was really fun. I kept crashing into everything, obviously my own fault but the staff were all super helpful and helped me out straight away. It's definitely worth the money.Written 9 December 2022
- Didn’t go inside the church, but it’s gorgeous from outside and has a lovely garden behind and there’s an old burial ground opposite.Written 8 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Athlone
Athlone Attractions Information