- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a wonderful, short walk, beautiful waterfall, but as a couple we had to see it separately, as no dogs allowed.
I totally understand as dog poop etc.
Majority of dog owners ate responsibleWritten 19 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really interesting restored castle, got a short intro by a guide and then did some exploring. Informative film is available to be seen , which we did, and overall a worthwhile visit. Margaret in the ticket office is a lovely welcoming host. Also the boat tour of Lough Gill is available- seasonally- just beside the castle, did that as well and delighted with it.Written 4 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely worth a visit to the beautiful ruins, where the graveyard is beautifully kept and is still used. so interesting to walk around. follow the path down to the river, its so pretty. you can walk to the church from Dromahair or drive, where there is free parking.Written 6 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was our second time visiting and it was amazing again! The tour is just incredible and informative, the shop is very tempting and there’s so much to see. The food is incredible in the cafe! I had the Asian buttermilk chicken burger which is divine, my husband had the chicken wrap and our friend had the onion tart with salads. All the food was incredible and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I cannot wait to go back.Written 19 September 2022
- Beautiful views great walk , lovely way to spend your afternoon away from the huddle and bustle of everyday life , so relaxingWritten 18 June 2022
- If your interested in our history then you have to search out Corracloona megalithic tomb. It was built hundreds of years ago but impressive.Written 30 October 2016
- Lovely cruisey easy-going SUP trip with Rory. Great blend of taking it easy and learning how to paddle properly. SUP on a river is definitely more straight forward and fun than I had realised! Highly recommend.Written 26 September 2022
- We had an absolutely brilliant time on the Drumshamazon! Lee was excellent and really good with communication before the day. I really appreciated Lee sending us the photographs after the session, that really made it! I would highly recommend this excursion.Written 28 August 2022
- I hired an ebike for a day last week and it was perfect. I had a great bike, was given excellent maps and information and Seamus was so knowledgable and couldn’t have been more helpful. He was extremely welcoming and ensured I had all information and safety instructions. I honestly couldn’t recommend this company any higher! Thank you Seamus!Written 26 September 2022
- Loved everything, such a great place and lake is amazing! Sean and staff are so welcoming and helpfull, will definately be returning soonWritten 17 August 2022
- Perfectly situated spot at the Carrick bridge to have a drink and watch the river traffic glide by on the banks of the Shannon. Very good outdoor area with plenty of seating available including plenty of options with sun umbrellas. Would definitely return.Written 27 August 2021
- Very cosy Bar in winter. Excellent bar in summer with views out to River Shannon. Friendly family run pub. Can’t go wrong with a trip to CarthysWritten 26 July 2022
- I have visited the Aura swimming pool on many occasions as well as swimming lessons for my children. Reasonably priced, reduction to swimming when getting lessons in the centre. I have always found the staff and swimming instructors to be excellent and always polite and friendly. Really nice atmosphere for both adults and children. Pool suitable for all ages from toddler upwards.Written 4 February 2019
- I have gone into Tin cup a number of times now and it is a fantastic facility. Danny is an absolute gent and can't help you enough. The facility itself is world class and top of the range. I've used it for a evening with the lads to play Augusta and Pebble beach and also on my own to work on my game, Danny being a scratch golfer will give tips and tell you how to improve your game. It is insane value for money and anyone can(and should) use it. It caters for everyone. I can't recommend the place enough.Written 10 February 2022
- Just the set up and ambience so different an experience. Would love to be there when the music is on. A hidden treasureWritten 23 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Leitrim