Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- One of a kind experience. You’ll walk the property to see ruins of a lost village and see border collies at work. Joe and Shep were amazing.Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are into ruins, especially amazing ones don't miss this one. easy drive from Kilkenny and the attendant at the visitors center was excellentWritten 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- To start with, I wasn't guest in the hotel. I had a horse riding experience booked as my birthday present in hotel's equestrian centre. And what an experience that was!! Jess - the instructor - was amazing. I got to control the Doris (the horse, FYI) totally and then we found time to get my first hang of a throttle, which I used on few occasions during the stroll across the estate. Of course, mild spring weather helped to enjoy it to the fullest.
It was an unforgettable experience, with two unforgettable girls, Jess and Doris. Thank you, staff of the Mount Juliet Equestrian Centre!Written 17 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful gardens and waterfall. Nice place to wander around and lost. Nice picnic areas. Plenty to see.Written 29 July 2023
- What a fantastic little gem in Thomastown. The fact that it's up near the top of the street might mean it's easily missed but we were delighted to have found it. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and had a stroll around the lovely quirky garden and a good look at the plants for sale. It has wonderful staff who are part of the Camphill Community and that made it even more special for us.Written 25 July 2019
- After spending the morning in Kilkenny we stopped here for lunch. Plenty of parking hardly anyone visits many picnic tables and an excellent view , as we can not get enough of old stuff, especially castles. The attraction is not life changing however worth a visit.Written 2 October 2016
- Go to see the Cantwell Fada, an effigy of a knight from the 1300's. Said to be the top of his tomb, it now sets upright so you can really see just how big and lifelike it is. Worth the visit!Written 2 March 2020
- This lovely pub in the heart of Thomastown is a lovely place to go for a bevvie if your in the area. Although the bar area is quite small it has a lovely feel to it. The staff are very friendly and will always serve you with a smile. Out the back there is a large function room which can accommodate functions, parties etc. it over looks the river barrow and has a lovely scenic view. Across the road is a statue of the very famous Kilkenny Hurling Goalkeeper and former manager the great Ollie Walsh.Written 28 July 2016
- 10 stars is more like it to describe our experience. My wife and I recently stayed at Mount Juliet Estate in County Kilkenny. It’s a beautiful place and the wonderful staff there introduced us to Des and Anthony. They took our trip to a whole new level. They were so professional and knowledgeable yet fun and flexible. They made us feel like family. We toured parts of Kilkenny and Waterford and to top it off, Des went the extra mile (literally) to take us to the hometown of my favorite Irish singers- the Clancy Brothers. My wife and I will absolutely come back with our kids and utilize the services again. I couldn’t imagine a trip to Ireland without SEICT. Truly the best!Written 16 July 2023
- Fantastic experience with a lovely vibe. Myself and my 9 year old son will be going again as soon as we can. Thanks for a wonderful time Michael.Written 4 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Thomastown
Thomastown Attractions Information