- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Lovely, easy nice walk. Perfect for in a good weather and clear day. Stunning views. You can take kids.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely light house, nice small museum. Lovely guide. Parking, toilets are avalaible and there is small coffee shop. Very nice viewsWritten 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gorgeous ice cream, served by a really friendly lady. The icecream really was delicious. It is pricey but worth every penny for the quality. Far superior to Murphys ice cream in both taste and value for money. Absolutely, loved that the dairy where the milk comes from is right beside the little ice cream shop.Written 4 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice done, small car park. There is a lof of informations. The footprints are hard to find but its was worth. The roads to get here are very narrow.Written 31 July 2022
- We had been up to the Quarry many times- and this was our first tour! The young man who was our tour guide was known, friendly, and did a very fine job leading the tour!
He knew the history, operations, and showed us the various work sites. It was a well spent hour, and very glad we took the tour!Written 21 July 2022
- What a view! And they just keep getting better as you walk out towards the headland. The views of the Skelligs are obviously great but make sure you look behind you to appreciate the amazing views back inland as well.
When you get the fort the cliffs to the right make for a great view as well. We were fortunate to have a beautiful day to do this walk. Was a good way to stretch the legs after a fair bit of driving.Written 10 September 2020
- We took the little detour down a very bumpy road to visit the well. It's a nice detour but we left feeling that with a little more care it could be a lovely spot for everyone to visit.Written 26 July 2020
- The terminus of the first trans-Atlantic telegraph cable is marked here by a fairly simple, easy to miss monument. Not only was it the first, in 1858, replaced in 1866, but President Buchanan and Queen Victoria sent the first telegrams after test messages, and the station remained active until 1966. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Oddly, the telegraph station can be see but is not publicly accessible near the Promenade, Knightstown, on the other end of the island. However, the vistas of Foilhommerum Bay are worth taking in.Written 29 September 2019
- This odd little stubby clock was vibrantly painted and on the hour it's bell was struck.it is loud enough to say I'm here without deafening you. I quite enjoyed itWritten 20 September 2020
- My husband Bill & I really enjoyed Joe & Caroline's raspberry ice cream; raspberry yogurt & rhubarb yogurt. We discovered it once & returned a few more times while we were in the area since it was awesome! When we saw their milk on the menu at a local cafe...we just knew it too would be great & it was.
We also loved the pastoral setting...seeing the cows who provided "our gift"...
We only regret...as yet...they are not branched in Florida :)
We are grateful for their warmth & hospitality & Michael's kindness (who works with them).
It was an unexpected treat...as part of our vacation
ElleWritten 16 September 2012
- The greatest views out to the Skelligs, and all the way down the Portmagee side of the island up toward Caherciveen. Stop and get out and smell probably the cleanest air in the developed world! Stay for the AMAZING night sky in this place in the midst of the best Dark Sky preserve anywhere! Well worth it and great experience the entire family will never forget.Written 14 September 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Valentia Island
- These are the best places for kid-friendly sights & landmarks in Valentia Island:See more sights & landmarks for children in Valentia Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking sights & landmarks in Valentia Island:See more sights & landmarks for couples in Valentia Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for sights & landmarks in Valentia Island:See more hidden gem sights & landmarks in Valentia Island on Tripadvisor