Top Attractions in Glenbeigh
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We stopped at Rossbeigh Beach at the right time. The tide was out, so, there was plenty of sand to walk on. I can imagine that there is not much beach to enjoy during high tide. There is ample parking and the facilities at the entrance to the beach are well-maintained.Written 20 August 2022
- We stopped here as part of a tour and visiting the village was optional. We enjoyed pottering around the place and there’s a pretty good gift shop on site too.Written 23 October 2022
- This was a big hit for our 5 and 3 year old. They had the best time running along the trail inspecting every fairy house to see if anyone was home. Looks like you’re in a storybook running through the trail. The mobile cafe at the entrance was a great spot for a little treat after the walk for the kids.Written 7 July 2022
- Absolutely fantastic, we had the most amazing day wondering around in these trails, breath taking viewsWritten 18 September 2019
- Spent a lovely day exploring around Coomasaharn lake, in the hills behind Glenbeigh strand. We love looking for neolithic rock art and this part of Ireland is full of hidden places to find it. We decided to try and find the tiny dots on our map that indicated rock art in this area.
Some were easy to find and accessible, some we gave up on as set in deep bracken and bog, a couple we thought may have been deliberately covered by piles of smaller stones to prevent people being able to see them.
We were mindful that some were on private land and asked permission where we could. A Landowner was very helpful.
But it didn't really matter what we found or didn't as the landscape of huge valleys and hills was spectacular and beautiful to walk in and we enjoyed the easy walking. We parked in a lay by near the very few houses by the lake, in early July, hardly saw a soul. Its really worth getting off the main Ring of Kerry to the side roads to explore.Written 14 July 2022
- 3rd attempt to find it put was well worth it .very quite & safe for small kids no facilities .very hard to find parking. It's like ure own private beach.Written 7 August 2020
- A 19th century folly - but still interesting edifice standing high on a hill. It is viewable from the road but otherwise inaccessible. Worth a photo stop.Written 19 October 2019
- The bar and food are excellent .Great choice including specials , the chicken curry is very popular ! . Great Murphy’s as well as Guinness !Written 21 October 2022
- This was by far the best father's day gift i organized for my dad, so he'd never being on a horse before and so i booked with only a short few texts all was organized!!! Ger (our guide) was an absolute gent and extremely knowledgeable and friendly and calming guy! We booked the 1hr trek which was absolutely enough for beginners, weather wasnt great but honestly it didnt matter as it was such a lovely trek. was good fun and we learned alot about the areas along the way from Ger. The views were spectacular and the horses were so loveable and calm. The beach was beautiful and the people along the way were super friendly. Highly recommend this trek, will definitely be back, thanks ger for a fantastic morningWritten 26 June 2022
- We popped into this bar on our way to a restaurant. It was really friendly and we quickly got embroiled in a conversation with some of the local residents about a variety of sporty subjects.
The bars have numerous TV screens showing a variety of sports, all with in-house commentaries that made more sense than the TV commentators!
The Guinness is kept well, as is all the beers. It even (regrettably) serves lager!Written 18 September 2018
- A fantastic day out on the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way Route in Glenbeigh. Rented bikes from Kerry Greenway Bike Rentals - we had everything we needed. Brand new bikes, pannier bags with mobile phone holders plus a family trike. We visited all the local beaches and attractions and Gary & James gave us the best tips and things to see and do on the way! Would definately recommend these guys as a must do visit if you are in the area. We will be back...Written 4 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Glenbeigh
- The best outdoor activities in Glenbeigh according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Glenbeigh on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Glenbeigh according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Ring of Kerry Day Trip including Killarney Lakes and National Park
- Private Tour:Ring of Kerry,Kerry Cliffs, starting in (from) Killarney
- Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Cork
- Ring Of Kerry Tour
- Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Killarney
- The most popular things to do in Glenbeigh with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Glenbeigh on Tripadvisor