Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Best to go here when the tide is out. Otherwise a waste of time to be honest. Great views of Inch beach. The children enjoyed the paddling, finding starfish and exploring the sandbars. Social sauna option of €20 per hour or you can hire it privately for over €100. Boathouse cafe here: though we didn't try. I loved the beach borrow and return play box for kids. Super idea and we used it.Written 6 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Historic site where volunteers were drowned when their car went off the pier in the time of the so-called troublesFull of history from when Irish volunteers were drowned in a car accident to when coal ships docked to supply Kerry with coal.
Now a tourist attraction.
Full details of the drownings in Ireland’s fight for freedom are set out in nearby killorglin., where a special commemoration site has been erected.Written 28 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The friendly knowledgeable volunteers were very kind and helpful in assisting us with difficulties in our self-catering rental. The friendly people and central location means that we will be coming back to Killorglin. There is so much to see and do - the staff at the visitor centre is a wonderful source of information!Written 27 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice ricer side location but they should add some seats to enjoy the view of river and distant mountains.Written 11 August 2022
- Enjoyable family day here at our first Puck fair and first visit to Killorglin. Lots of hurdy gurdies charging €3 per child/person. Kids loved them but you couldn't stay too long without deep pockets. Price of an ice cream Sundae varied dramatically from €5 (near the hurdy gurdies) to €2.50 (further away from the hurdy gurdies) so shop around. Visible garda presence during the day which was reassuring. Lots of tat for sale but some good stalls. Hit on a jugglers live performance which was enjoyable. Informed by locals that the town can get rough at night in particular. My husband enjoyed the Cattle fair on the road but said he wouldn't buy any 2nd hand tools at it. We left after about 2 hours as the heavens opened. No sign of Puck. Appearance expected later in the day. Live music when we were leaving.Written 11 August 2023
- Commemorates the huge emigration from Ireland over the years.
Situated just outside the former Railway station, now housing Fexco.
.Written 12 August 2018
- As I was walking through town I saw the sign for the collection and went in. This is a government office building which now houses this interesting collection. Starting with the artist's early pencil drawings as a child and continuing through her travels and later life the collections how's a brand range of approaches and materials. It was a truly pleasant surprise in this small town.Written 25 September 2019
- Visiting family who live nearby and they brought us to the Maine Valley Golf Club, we were warmly greeted and brought into the dining area where there were spectacular views of Killorglin and Kilderry. Food was lovely for standard pub grub. Had an extensive menu, highly recommend the chicken curry!Written 2 August 2020
- There's a fabulous walk all along the old railway bridge leading down to the river Laune. You can do a loop/ring of Killorglin. There's a seating area by the river and lots of informative signs about the wildlife/flora/fauna found here. Highly recommended visit.Written 1 February 2020
- Oasis of calm and peace - called in here on first day of the Puck festival for some quiet - stunning peaceful interior, prayerful!Written 10 August 2022
- The sports complex was the starting point of the Puck Warriors 5km run this morning. Very well organised and easy to pick up race numbers. There is a lot of different fitness classes here also to suit all levels and abilities. Very clean toilets and friendly staff.Written 1 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Killorglin
- The best outdoor activities in Killorglin according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Killorglin on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Killorglin according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Ring of Kerry Day Tour from Cork: Including Killarney National Park
- Ring of Kerry Day Tour from Limerick: Including Killarney National Park
- Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Cork
Killorglin Attractions Information