Stand Up Paddleboarding • Kayaking & Canoeing
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We had a group use this activity on Saturday last and what an afternoon they had. Aoife was the most friendly, welcoming and helpful host for the group and they had a wonderful afternoon with her. She was so helpful and obliging when out on the water. Highly recommend this activity.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A brilliant adventure , well ran, wonderful experience. Will certainly be back. Pricey at €65 but lots of work done hereWritten 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliant experience - couldn't recommend it more. One of the highlights of our holiday. Thanks to Lee for a great morningWritten 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Booked before I entered Ireland , as there are lots of people wanting to go on this river cruise,
Great story of how this boat was made by the skipper and friend,
Friendly staff for this 2 hour cruise up the Shannon, with a guitarist singing Irish and other songs, all the way.
Beautiful scenery along the way.
When passing through Carrick on Shannon, stop for the day and prebook your cruise, you will enjoy the cruise.Written 19 July 2022
- An amazing morning adventure. Our guide was hilarious and fab with the kids. The experience of going down the Drumshamazon and up and down in the lough will stay with my kids forever, I think. Absolutely super!Written 26 August 2021
- We met Jim when we arrived he was so friendly and helpful, as we had no children with us he gave us a quieter pitch, and advised us on how to get back to carrick as taxis limited on bank holiday weekends, Claire was great the next day about different venues in carrick. Site itself is a work in progress, updating all the time, The families there were having a ball it was Halloween break, so pumpkin carving, ghost stories, discos, loads for families to take part.Written 14 November 2019
- If you ask anybody have they ever been to County Leitrim the normal reply is "I am sure I have, but i cannot remember when." they now have a reason to come to Leitrim to enjoy the Shannon Blueway from Drumshanbo on Lough Allen through Battlebridge (that's a great name with a story behind it), and down to Hartley Bridge. The scenery both on the canal and river sections is very beautiful.
If you are in a boat you must remember that the Lock at Lough Allen works backwards and you drop from the canal into the lake.Written 15 October 2019
- We spent 3 days on a the Princess boat which was described as a boat for 8 people. There were 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teens) and it was suitable for that number of people, I wouldn't have wanted any more in that size of a boat. There was enough space and everything you need in self accommodation space. The only issue is the fridge, it doesn't work when you are moored and we lost a lot of food. So I suggest you buy as you go in the shops at the moorings. There wasn't an opportunity to use the electricity points at the moorings as it was so busy. Even though it was extremely busy we always managed to find a spot to moor, everyone along our trip (Carrick On Shannon - Lanesborough) were so helpful and always willing and eager to help you pilot the boat, there was such a lovely community feel throughout! For first timers dont be fearful, we all, including our 12 year old, managed to sail the boat but leave the mooring to the adults!
Manuela who we met in the Le Boat office was so helpful when we arrived, I would recommend getting an early check in to make the most of the experience. The boat was very clean and the bedding was also spotless. One issue I still have was price of diesel for 3 days, it was nearly €300 which works out at €100 a day, too much of an expense after paying for the boat. The more modern electric boats would probably be cheaper and the toilets might also be more modern (they are plunge style). We would recommend this holiday for a family or friends, for couples who are not experienced in sailing I would advise caution, it would be hard to manage the mooring with just 2 people. Thank you also to Manuela and the cleaners who returned my laptop when I left it aboard!Written 31 August 2021
- Great afternoon doing something different in Carrick-in-Shannon with a young family (and one teenager) who can get bored easily!!Written 8 August 2022
- Join them at the Wild Atlantic Crusades HQ, jump into one of their bespoke 4x4 Landrover Jeeps and let their track test your driving skills and the sanity of your co-driver whilst dodging obstacles, completing riddles, balancing your jeep on a seesaw & yes, dare they say it, the driver is blindfolded. Did they mention that you will be timed & you will compete against all other Crusaders before you? Oh yeah.
It is a thrilling experience, sets your heart pounding and sends your head racing.
It is suitable for family, Friends, Businesses, Stags and Hens.
It also includes team building exercises and games to really test your motor skills outside the jeep.
It really is a once in a ife time experience that if you are in the area to do I would extremely reommed doing.Written 4 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Carrick-on-Shannon
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Carrick-on-Shannon:See more tours for children in Carrick-on-Shannon on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Carrick-on-Shannon:See more tours for couples in Carrick-on-Shannon on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Carrick-on-Shannon:See more adventurous tours in Carrick-on-Shannon on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Carrick-on-Shannon:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Carrick-on-Shannon on Tripadvisor