- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A very well marked path that took us 1.5 hours. We wore boots but it wasn’t boggy at all and shoes would have been fine. We had the path to ourselves and the views were really nice. It is busier at weekends and there is a coffee van at the parking lot then.Written 9 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to find but not quite as expected, probably because the sea was quite calm at the time. Worth visiting if you're within the vicinity.Written 4 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went for a walk on the beach and it was beautiful, weather was amazing and i was blown away by the beauty. Would reccomend to anyone in the area.Written 31 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful gem in the Belmullet town. The swimming club are an example to us all. A wonderful asset for adults and kids alike.Written 18 July 2022
- Black Ditch Loop (Red way marked) - c.12kms. Allow 3 hours to explore the breathtaking scenery and clifftop views over the stunning Broadhaven Bay, with views across to the Stags of Broadhaven. Moderate level walk - extremely enjoyable!Written 6 September 2021
- visited on a beautiful, warm, dry, still day. A sense of peace in the area. Interesting old rural area right by the seaWritten 2 September 2022
- We were sorry we got to Blacksod late in the evening and did not get to see the inside of the lighthouse. it is in one of the most scenic settings.Written 19 August 2021
- We played 27 here as if you make the trip here, you might as well play the whole 27. We started with the Hackett Links, I understand they switch them up every other day, which causes some confusion. We got caddies and I recommend doing so. My caddie was Scott and he was excellent.
One member of the group didn’t enjoy the course, of course he played the worst of the group.
We had a very good weather day to play, a fair amount of wind, but not too crazy and zero rain. The course is hard, but IMO fair. I’m a 14 handicap and was able to hit a driver on majority of all par 4’s and 5’s. Something I can’t say about other link style courses we played.
Some beautiful sights throughout the course, and according to our caddie the middle 9 (or our next 9 on this day) have the best views.
Greens were very slow, which they were all week at all courses.
After playing, make sure you stop by McDonnells and have a GuinnessWritten 26 September 2022
- We have just done the cliff section of the Benwee Head walk and the scenery is fantastic. We parked at Portacloy beach (there is a small parking area) and then followed the very well signposted path all along the cliffs and then back again, which took us 3 hours. The path bypasses the first headland which has the “Eire” sign in the ground but it is well worth going to the tip to see the views. The first half of the walk is the best and the ground isn’t boggy. After that it was boggy in places, although we could have managed in walking shoes rather than our boots.Written 9 September 2022
- We arrived out here to do a bit of a hike after a long drive to find this cool surprise. We spent sometime just exploring the area. The scenery is beautiful and the setting has a mystical feel about it. It is a great spot for some scenic photo, especially around sunset. If you have some spare time whilst in the area, this is place worth having a look at.Written 20 September 2019
- Great craic. Padraig is a most welcoming publican. Great pub with a magnificent pint of Guinness. If in the area make sure you stop for a pint.Written 20 November 2022
- This is my first time eating here. My mother, husband and 4 year old son had a reservation for dinner for 6pm. The staff were friendly and efficient. Tables were well spaced and we were assured that the restaurant has an air filtration system as well.
The service was quick, the food was fabulous and the portions were extremely generous.
The manager was really friendly and when I asked if he had a booster seat for my four year old he went out to his own car and loaned us one of his children’s seat. They really went above and beyond. You should eat here if you’re ever in Belmullet!Written 12 August 2021
- Well visited here again, this time purchased a leather handbag( fair trade)
Great quality, people asked where I bought it.Lovely woman served me( will get your name at Christmas.😀
Young woman ( with glasses) very helpful.
Great variety of gifts, for all ages.
See you at Christmas.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Written 23 June 2019
- Visited centre for a bit of lunch and a game of bowling. The soup was piping hot but there was no gluten free bread available with it. This was very disappointing as it's easy to access gluten free products and bread can be easily frozen and defrosted. The bowling was great fun and the guy in charge was very helpful and friendly. I had contacted the centre by email prior to visiting to ask about opening times on God Friday and their response was very prompt. Toilet facilities were very clean.Written 19 April 2017
- Absolutely amazing trip. A friend and I headed our last Saturday, smashing way to spend an afternoon and got a swim in on the beach after a fab tour. Thank you all so much.Written 19 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Belmullet