Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Easy loop walk, but a few steep ladder stiles. It is absolutely stunning, but only in good weather!Written 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The views here are amazing,, best to go on a windy day when it will be at its best ,, a gorgeous part of IrelandWritten 7 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am lucky enough to be an overseas member at Carne and have played the course dozens of times over the past 20 years. I asked my wife if we could retire here, but, alas, she said no.
Carne is a course that was built and has been maintained on a shoestring budget, but that is one of its charms. It is a bit rough around the edges, but look at the website and read the reviews and you will realize why people love coming here so much. The course is isolated and stunningly beautiful. It has 3 nines so you can play twice in two days and play two different courses. It is run by a brilliant staff of genuinely nice people. It used to be easy to get on and usually uncrowded, but word has gotten around and there are now coaches in the parking lot most days.
My advice is to come a bit off season and play early and you might have it practically to yourselves. Carne is often left off of first time itineraries either because people focus on the southwest or because it is in a remote part of western County Mayo. Don't let that stop you. It is well worth the trip and the golf in the west and northwest of Ireland is to my mind nicer than the stuffed to-the-gills resort course experience of the southwest. Nothing against those courses- they are great- but the overall experience in the northwest is less expensive and more genuine to me.
In short- play Carne! Play as soon as you can and come back as often as you can. You won't regret it.Written 6 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous beach but not for swimming. You can walk for miles and it is never crowded. the views are amazingWritten 22 May 2023
- It has been 30 years since i have been to Ceathru Thaidhg. While it is more build up than i remeber with footpaths and street lights the views are still as spectacular, The drive was worth it off the Belmullet Killala road.Written 19 July 2023
- Belmullet tidal pool is a hidden gem on the beautiful west coast of Ireland. Nestled amidst stunning natural surroundings, this tidal pool offers a memorable and refreshing experience. The crystal-clear water is both invigorating and calming, making it perfect for a swim or a leisurely dip. The pool itself is well-maintained and clean, with plenty of space for visitors to relax and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere. Surrounded by breathtaking views , it's a truly picturesque spot. Whether you're seeking a place to cool off on a hot day or simply want to immerse yourself in nature, Belmullet tidal pool is a must-visit destination.Written 13 September 2023
- visited on a beautiful, warm, dry, still day. A sense of peace in the area. Interesting old rural area right by the seaWritten 2 September 2022
- We arrived out here to do a bit of a hike after a long drive to find this cool surprise. We spent sometime just exploring the area. The scenery is beautiful and the setting has a mystical feel about it. It is a great spot for some scenic photo, especially around sunset. If you have some spare time whilst in the area, this is place worth having a look at.Written 20 September 2019
- Fabulous pub Welcoming and friendly
Treated to drinks by owner !!!!and Angela was wonderful behind the bar with a smile for everyone
We will be telling our friends in Roscommon to visitWritten 29 October 2023
- Visited centre for a bit of lunch and a game of bowling. The soup was piping hot but there was no gluten free bread available with it. This was very disappointing as it's easy to access gluten free products and bread can be easily frozen and defrosted. The bowling was great fun and the guy in charge was very helpful and friendly. I had contacted the centre by email prior to visiting to ask about opening times on God Friday and their response was very prompt. Toilet facilities were very clean.Written 19 April 2017
- Well visited here again, this time purchased a leather handbag( fair trade)
Great quality, people asked where I bought it.Lovely woman served me( will get your name at Christmas.😀
Young woman ( with glasses) very helpful.
Great variety of gifts, for all ages.
See you at Christmas.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Written 23 June 2019
- Very enjoyable experience. The views were awesome. The captain very knowledgeable about the wildlife and the history of the area.Written 24 September 2023
- Had a fantastic trip with Belmullet Boat Charters to Inishkea. On the tour our guide Kea shared lots of interesting stories and the history of the island. Afterwards we still had plenty of time to explore on our own. The journey out and back was comfortable with amazing views. Highly recommend a swim on one of the beautiful white sandy beachesWritten 9 September 2023
- Called in on our first night in Belmullet. Perhaps it was the overflow from St Paddy’s day but the crowd was pretty well oiled and loud. Almost to the point of it being uncomfortable for a visitor. Pints were decent but we moved on and left this one for the younger locals to enjoy!!Written 31 March 2022
- This week was incredible, the monitor Mikey was incredible too, it was the best monitor ever and this week the best surf week of my life !! if you come here ask to have Mikey as your monitor !Written 21 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Belmullet
- The best outdoor activities in Belmullet according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Belmullet on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Belmullet with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Belmullet on Tripadvisor