Ancient Ruins • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
47 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travellers are saying
- Interesting to see the ancient oratory. The video just outside the entry building was a really helpful overview of the oratory and Kilmalkedar church about a mile away. I actually found Kilmalkedar church to be more inspiring and would recommend that even over the oratory. Both are significant, though, so if you have time to see them both I do recommend it.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a hidden gem a bit outside of town, but walkable from the town center. Dingle is a family owned crowd-funded distillery that makes a single malt whiskey, an enhanced gin and a vodka. Tours are held in small groups, with tastings at the beginning and end of the tour. A bonus is a complimentary mixed drink at the end. No retail purchases are available here, but the Dingle spirits are widely available in Town. The tours are about one hour, take you right through the actual processing facility and there is much history to learn about the company, town distillation procedures.Written 27 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing and unique experience. The bird handlers love those birds so much and that makes me feel good to know they are being well taken care of.
I held a barn owl and a Harris hawk. So cool! It was such an incredible time. Totally worth it!Written 27 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely 25 minute walk up the hill to the tower. Great views over the harbour to Dingle and out across the bay all the way to the Skellig islands. The land owner charges €2. He provides parking and a WC.Written 30 August 2023
- Coumeenoole beach is extraordinarily beautiful. A photographer's paradise. As you drive towards it along the cliff tops the views are spectacular. Even though the cliffs are huge and magnificent, the walk down from the cliff top carpark is fine and easily manageable.
There's no swimming on this beach due to dangerous currents, but when we were there, there were lots of people having loads of fun in the shallow waves.
The sand is golden and perfect for digging.
As you leave the beach there's a little waterfall which is ideal for washing the sand off your feet. The second time we were there, some children had damned the stream coming from it to make a lovely little pool to play in.
On the clifftop there's a couple of cafés with fantastic views of the stunning scenery.Written 23 August 2023
- Visiting this old church ruin was one of the highlights of my trip to Dingle - and a visit we only made at the last minute. While visiting the gallery’s oratory we decided to walk over to Kilmalkedar (we were walking the Dingle Way so doing everything on foot) - about 2 miles away. Incredible old items - stone pillar, sundial and cross from around 500 CE even though the church ruins themselves are from much later - around 1100’s CE. Not crowded at all - felt like standing in sacred ground where pilgrims for 1500+ years have experienced divine moments. So grateful we went!Written 23 September 2023
- We caught some wonderful evenings of West Kerry and the Blasket Islands traditional music performed. Melts my heart to hear this passed down to future generations keeping the culture alive and strong! Do not miss this excellent offering while visiting Dingle!Written 22 July 2023
- Mr. Gerry’s drive after Inch Beach through the Dingle Peninsula was expertly done with a brief stop at Aghadoe, a picture spot! It was nice to take a short walk and take in the view. There were horses galloping.
The rest of the drive was so pleasant. My phone was flat against the bus’ window and there was no glare😃!Written 10 June 2023
- Fantastic views and a truly magical
place. I highly recommend checking it out. The drive around is long but worth it especially on a nice day.Written 24 April 2023
- Lovely spot for a dip that we found by chance, on our way to Inch beach. I chose to dip here instead. No jelly fish on this particular day and little to no seaweed either. Really enjoyable.Written 6 July 2023
- Centrally located, this cozy pub had four beers on tap they make themselves. Another one of those hardware stores/pubs, it is small and intimate with friendly folks engaging in conversation. We liked this place and the noise factor is low so you can actually talk to someone.Written 7 May 2023
- Pretty but busy place. Nice for a bit of a walk around but there are businesses and facilities located hereWritten 4 August 2022
- Just an amazing place to stop off and enjoy,,away from it all, Very peaceful, Well worth a visit. We will be backWritten 22 September 2023
- Very nice selection of whiskey and beer, but mostly this is a whiskey bar, so we enjoyed it to the fullest.Written 19 September 2023
- Great tour and intro to crystal making. Didn’t realize it was such an art. The family business is so professional. Definitely worth a visit.Written 13 September 2023