Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Peaceful and beautiful! We enjoyed the beauty of it even with the rain! A nice activity to do when visiting kenmare. We totally recommend it!Written 25 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My adult daughter & I did a Night Trip last week with guide Eamon (and help from Anna & Niamh), and it was one of the highlights of our 12 days in Ireland. Beautiful & calm, with stories, folklore, jokes, history and nature. They provided everything we needed to remain warm and dry, and explained everything as we went. My daughter is not always comfortable in a kayak, and she admitted that she loved it! I truly cannot recommend Emerald Outdoors enough!Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We played splatball and ran the gauntlet , both were excellent and we were kept under control by a great host, plenty of smiling faces throughout, we would return without hesitationWritten 29 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Paul is a great guide for a dive in Ireland! Getting in contact with him was easy, so was booking and he gave me a few options for the dive. The day of, he was helpful and very knowledgeable, making me feel comfortable the entire time. Although visibility was low because it was early in the season, he made it a memorable and fun experience for me. I highly recommend Paul for your dive in Ireland!Written 31 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Hello everyone!
We had the chance of doing both a farm ride and a horse trek over Easter holidays 2022 at the Dromquinna Stables in Kenmare and both were amazing experiences we would 100% recommend!
First of all, the owners are very kind and friendly (and funny !) and will put anyone at ease. Secondly, the stables are immaculate, the animals are very well looked after, and everything (I mean, everything!) is so well organized! Overall: By spending a bit of time there you can really tell just how much hard work and love the owners put into their stables and all their animals, it is truly admirable.
Before the farm ride or the horse trek, you do a tour around an arena, and they make sure you know how to steer (all the while having fun!) and make sure you are comfortable before going out on the ride / trek.
The Dromquinna Stables are located in the beautiful Kenmare bay area … we fell in love with this location for sure. We had already walked a lot along the shores and around the area, but the Dromquinna Stables horse trek took us to new heights and the view from up there was spectacular and unforgettable.
Xenia and Michael kept us all safe the whole time, reminding us to lean forward/ back when needed, made sure we were all holding the reins correctly throughout the rides, and they were both so much fun, and fountains of knowledge on the area and on Irish history! Spending time with them was just as pleasant as the horse-riding itself.
I had not ridden a horse in over ten years, but the little scepticism I had of my ability to stay in one piece went away as soon as Dragon (the horse) started walking. We even trotted a few times and my daughter went galloping in the wild with Xenia (her first time galloping outside an arena!) while we watched them in awe through the beautiful scenery and stunning yellow gorse bushes.
So, if you are in the area, don't miss the Dromquinna Stables! (And if you’re not, it is worth the detour ;) )
Thank you Xenia and Michael!!Written 3 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.