Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Cefalu
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Very interesting mix of styles. The mosaics by Normans are like those in the Norman church in Palermo and Monreale but later editions and amazingly detailed.Written 30 September 2022
- one of the coolest places you could see in Sicily. Crystal clear water and amazing food. the weather was also lovelyWritten 16 July 2022
- It's helpful to stop first at the Temple of Diana which is about half way up because these are the best views of Cefalu and the trail is not too difficult. Plus you can decide if you want to climb to the top. The path the rest of the way up is steeper and more uneven with lots of loose rock. It's worth it still to get to the fortress ruins on top, but if it's really hot, just going to the temple works just fine. Be sure to wear good shoes - they won't let you in with flip flops. And bring lots of water since you're mostly in the sun. This is a must do because the views are amazing!Written 22 September 2022
- We got a taxi from Cefalù to and from the waterpark for €20 and I would recommend to do this as the buses aren’t regular between the two.
It was good fun, lots of families and the music is blaring at times but it’s part of the fun.
There are lockers to store belongings in, make sure you have a couple of euro coins on hand for them.Written 11 September 2022
- A bit of history with these Lavatoios that take you to ancient times and old costumes. Just a bit of history. Located in one of the main streets of the old townWritten 16 October 2021
- Posta Pescara is an old passage, an arch from the main street of the old town directly into the beach. Very nice.Written 16 October 2021
- Arrived during a service, sat quietly looking at the interesting features. The priest's sermon was interesting to listen to.Written 8 October 2019
- Apart from the dome there is not that much to see. The place is largely occupied by the adjacent restaurants and the architecture is not that impressive.Written 11 November 2021
- Love this beach. It wasn't over crowded and it was beautiful. To get there we searched on Google maps to get the torre kaldura. We parked the car and walk less than 10 minutes. You walk towards the Blue Bay Hotel parking lot and on your left there is a stair case that brings you all the way down to the beach. The beach area is with rocks and pebbles so bring water shoes. This is a great spot to snorkel so bring your gear. There is a hotel located in this area you can buy food and drinks even if you are not a guest. We spent 3 hours hanging out and it was great.Written 21 August 2019
- The north coast of Sicily has some of the best beaches, and Cefalu is fortunate to have such a long stretch of beautiful sand. It is lined with historic buildings and a choice of several beach clubs where you can rent lounges and enjoy a meal.
Across from the promenade are many interesting shops, cafes, and restaurants.Written 16 August 2021
- Really enjoyed the architecture of this museum .They have been working really hard to renovate this palace. Inside you can find some modern and art deco furniture. A beautiful terrasse overlook the sea .
Beautiful experienceWritten 27 May 2022
- This is one of the points of interest on The Rock. The temple sits at 153 meters, about 500 feet, which is about 60% of the climb.
It has very good descriptive signage. Historians believe that the Temple of Diana, which was built in the 5th or 4th century B.C., is the oldest structure in Sicily.
In front of the temple is what is believed to be a preexisting cistern associated with the worship of the water.Written 16 August 2021
- Just the place for a quite holiday, but well located for trips out. Benefits from a mini-market and visiting vendors for those self-catering. A couple of really good scenic restaurants. Friendly people and a lot of trouble has been taken to make the place attractive with lots of pots of flowers.Written 8 October 2019
- This streets is by the sea, and you can walk all the way into the old town, passing by many touristic restaurants.Written 16 October 2021
- Tucked away in a small square along the main street of the old centre is this nice little church with a nice stairway leading to it. Worth seeing.Written 26 October 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cefalu
- The best day trips from Cefalu according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Monreale, Cefalù & Castelbuono Tour, from Palermo area
- Medieval castle of Caccamo and Cefalù, full day guided tour from Palermo.
- Great Full Day Excursion in Sicily to Cefalù and Castelbuono From Palermo
- Etna and Taormina from Cefalù
- Monreale And Cefalù Half Day Excursion