Popular things to do
- Cultural Tours
- Top Picks
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Private & Custom Tours
- Architectural Buildings
- Walking Tours
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Historic Sites
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Likely to Sell Out
- Speciality Museums
- Multi-day Tours
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Monuments & Statues
Top Attractions in Brescia
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A huge museum in former conventual buildings. Ruins of some ancient Roman houses in basement. Loads of exhibits from prehistory to renaissance.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is worth visiting. You can easily spend a day or two and there are many things you can do and visit. Included it in the itineraryWritten 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great way to learn the history of Brescia from the inside. Fun, interesting, dynamic and very reasonable price. Great to have Andrea as a guide. Thanks again for the experience!Written 9 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A big art gallery, reflecting the tastes of the Tosio and Martinengo families, who collected the works displayed here.Written 4 August 2022
- During a somewhat rare rainy day we visited this museum. Entrance was free for kids we paid 10€ for each adult. It is small but entertaining. The race comes to life with the info on the tablet you get at the check in as well as the nice ambiance. Too bad there was no Ferrari on display, that would have added to to stature of the museum. But you can SPOT Aston Martin, Bentley some very nice Mercedes and of course many Italian brands.
We spend about 1,5 hrs inside, but I think most people will spend just a mere hour.
Parking in front of the entrance around the old monastery, which houses the museum.
All in all happy we chose to visit this venue😀Written 24 July 2020
- Splendid old building, below modern street level. Be prepared to go down and come back up stairs. Sung Mass in Latin with plainsong every Sunday at 11.Written 4 August 2022
- something like this in the middle f a city. And nobody knows (besides the few) that all this was was disappeared under the sedimentation of centuries , just discovered in the 1800's .Written 22 November 2021
- We were on our way to the hotel after visiting the Old Castle and then stumbled upon this church. We only spent less than 10 minutes for a quick visit and it was pretty. Definitely worth to pay a quick visit if you are in the area.Written 30 October 2016
- I and my scollegues and students, had the opportunity to meet the Mayor as a part of our visit to Brescia under an Erasmus Mobility.Written 17 February 2022
- This was my third visit. The square is one of the region’s nicest and easiest to visit. There’s an underground car park 5 minutes walk away.
The square is dominated on o e side by the d and the new cathedral and on the other side by classy looking ancient dwellings and businesses.
It’s a lovely place for a relaxed lunch or dinner.
I’d happily return!Written 19 July 2022
- The security guard told us that the room behind the altar is, by tradition, a replica of Mary's house from Nazareth.
One of the rooms off to the side, which they call a confession room, had 6-pointed (Jewish) stars on the walls.Written 12 October 2019
- Cycling on the Ciclo pedonabile Vello Toline was one of the highlights of our stay at Lake Iseo. The shared path is for cyclists and pedestrians only, it stretches between Vello and Toline along the Western side of lake's edge, following the old highway which passes through several tunnels. The views are stunning and there are places to stop for photos and a break or even to take a dip in the water.
The path is 4.17 kilometres long, completely flat, not challenging at all. We cycled from our 'home base' in Sale-Marasino but without a bike the best way to reach the path is by car, although public transport is an option, I did consider catching the bus to Vello (although service is quite irregular), walk the path, then continue on to Pisogne (2.3 kms) and train back to Sale-Marasino. I am very pleased that we were able to squeeze in discovering this stretch of the lake on bikes.Written 16 July 2017
- In Brescia there are plenty of churches. One is more beautiful than the other. This one is full of beautiful decoration.Written 7 November 2017
- We have toured a number of museums and castle collections of armory, and this is definitely in the top 10. The exhibits are well-displayed in an interesting location. There is not a lot of English, but for the most part it is possible to understand what the items are. We were surprised to find out that the Italians had arms technology quite a bit earlier than other parts of the world.Written 17 September 2018
- Piazza Vitoria is the best starting point for exploring the city. From here everything is close. Also metro station is here if you coming from outside of the town.Written 15 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Brescia
- The best day trips from Brescia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Brescia and Franciacorta winery area. Cultural and wine tasting 1 day tour.
- Sirmione Lake Garda & Brescia, private guided tour from Milan
- Tour of Brescia and Franciacorta outlet. Departure from Lake Garda
- Brescia and Franciacorta outlet full-day tour
- Mille Miglia vintage car museum & Brescia private guided tour, from Milan